Turntable ground wire & Wiim Amp

EngineerDamian

Hello all!
Do you have any ideas how to Connect a ground wire of my denon DP-29f turntable to Wiim Amp?
With this TT I don’t use an extrnal pre amp as my denon has a build-in pre amp.
Thanks in advance for any help!

It has no ground, you'll need to ground it elsewhere.

That said, do turntables actually need grounding? I've always set up the wire as a matter of course, but I remember forgetting once and seeing no real difference in the sound.

Thanks for your reply!
Do what do you suggest than? What if I would connect the TT’s grounding wire to amp’s out socket (this one for connecting the speaker)?
Will it work? It might be a silly question, sorry. I’m not an expert in hi-fi yet :)

Thanks for your reply!
Do what do you suggest than? What if I would connect the TT’s grounding wire to amp’s out socket (this one for connecting the speaker)?
Will it work? It might be a silly question, sorry. I’m not an expert in hi-fi yet :)
I wouldn't connect anything to the speaker outputs other than speakers.

I'm sure someone who knows a lot more than me will weigh in with some answers :)

What if I would connect the TT’s grounding wire to amp’s out socket (this one for connecting the speaker)?
Don't do that!

Speaker "ground" is not connected to signal ground with this type of amplifier. There really shouldn't be any need to connect the turntables ground wire when using the built-in phono preamp. The manual doesn't clearly state this, but it's a bit vague, anyway. As long as there's no hum to be heard, you're fine. There's nothing to gain from connecting the ground wire anywhere.

In the case (which I consider unlikely) that you do experience a humming noise, let's talk again. You would have to make some sort of adapter cable allowing to connect the ground wire to the line in RCA ground. I don't think such an adapter can be bought readily made. This should be an indication of how likely it is you need one.

Back