TV <-> HDMI

sNc

I am unable to set my WIim Ultra/ LG C3 device so that when I turn on the Wiim ultra, it does not immediately change the audio out on the TV to HDMI. I want to stay with normal TV internal speakers out, and use it only when I switch it manually. However, no matter what I set in Wiim app , its always change - when I turn on Wiim Ultra, or when I turn on TV. Is there a way to fix that?

Auto sensing of HDMI in - set to OFF
HDMI-CEC Power Control - set to OFF

Last edited:
I have exactly same issue with my Sony TV.

If WiiM Ultra has power (even in standby) and I turn on the TV it changes the output to HDMI after a few seconds.

I have tried every settings I know of on TV and WiiM with no luck. Now I have just unplugged the HDMI cable unless I need the TV sound via WiiM

Note that the thread "WiiM ULTRA to not turn on automatically" describes the opposite problem that WiiM turns on when the TV do.

I have exactly same issue with my Sony TV.

If WiiM Ultra has power (even in standby) and I turn on the TV it changes the output to HDMI after a few seconds.

I have tried every settings I know of on TV and WiiM with no luck. Now I have just unplugged the HDMI cable unless I need the TV sound via WiiM
I hope that unplugging the cable is not something we will come to do in the long run :)

I have a question hopefully someone can answer it.
If you're using HDMI arc..
My tv detects the wiim perfectly.
But the sound normally coming from the speakers of the tvare they being operated too when using HDMI arc?
I think they aren't.
Is it possible when using HDMI arc you are using the speakers of the TV and the 2.1 set up from the Wiim?
Or is it so when you are using the hdmi arc( cec on) you are getting only sound from the Wiim?

... I want to stay with normal TV internal speakers out, and use it only when I switch it manually. However, no matter what I set in Wiim app , its always change - when I turn on Wiim Ultra, or when I turn on TV. Is there a way to fix that? ...
Same behavior with Wiim Amp and Samsung TV 🤒
My solution has been to use optical connection instead of HDMI :unsure:

I hope it will be fixed, right? For me, it's obvious unexpected situation

Back