Unable to change WiFi SSID

Cal_Cobra

The WiFi supplicant on the Ultra is pathetic to say the least, having to push the play button on the volume knob and run thru the system setup just to change a WiFi SSID :oops: Like seriously whoever came up with this idea should NEVER work in technology, it's the dumbest WiFi supplicant I've seen in 30 years of WiFi experience!

At any rate, I find that I can no longer change the SSID on the WiiM Ultra. If I do the 3 second press play BS to invoke the system setup, when it comes to the WiFi setup, it is simply automatically selects the SSID and moves on, no option is provided to select your own :unsure:

I really want to like the WiiM but it's inability to reliably play Amazon music is driving me nuts. I have a ticket open w/WiiM support, and they claim they see some kind of Amazon Music Cloud issue, but no idea if/when there will be a solution. Given that not many others are experiencing the Amazon Music stops playing issue, I'm probably going to return my Ultra. When it works, I love it, but when it stops playing music I want to throw it in the garbage bin :mad:

The WiFi supplicant on the Ultra is pathetic to say the least, having to push the play button on the volume knob and run thru the system setup just to change a WiFi SSID :oops: Like seriously whoever came up with this idea should NEVER work in technology, it's the dumbest WiFi supplicant I've seen in 30 years of WiFi experience!

At any rate, I find that I can no longer change the SSID on the WiiM Ultra. If I do the 3 second press play BS to invoke the system setup, when it comes to the WiFi setup, it is simply automatically selects the SSID and moves on, no option is provided to select your own :unsure:

I really want to like the WiiM but it's inability to reliably play Amazon music is driving me nuts. I have a ticket open w/WiiM support, and they claim they see some kind of Amazon Music Cloud issue, but no idea if/when there will be a solution. Given that not many others are experiencing the Amazon Music stops playing issue, I'm probably going to return my Ultra. When it works, I love it, but when it stops playing music I want to throw it in the garbage bin :mad:
It apply on all of them. Factory reset still remember WiFi ssid and can’t change it. It only ask password.

It apply on all of them. Factory reset still remember WiFi ssid and can’t change it. It only ask password.
What happens when it can't connect to that SSID? Can't you just forget the device and go through set up again using the app?

Back