Universal remote support

Schoepsplease

it would be the proverbial cherry on the sundae if WiiM would offer support for universal Bluetooth remote pairing. I’m honestly surprised more people aren’t asking for this, or maybe I’m just out of touch as to the number of people who might be trying to use a WiiM as their home theater hub, it’s feature set is perfect for such a use case).

I’d like to use something like a sofabaton, or honestly even a chromecast wgtv remote, to control the WiiM’s volume at the very least (or even use the WiiM remote to control the chromecast wgtv, I think it’s just basically a firestick remote at heart). These devices support Bluetooth as the WiiM does, and the google tv software already allows for easy integration of external audio hardware.

WiiM, please put this feature into effect. I think it is extremely limiting and myopic limitation of your device to only offer a single remote solution, given the at this point decades long history of universal remote support by the hifi market.

My remotes have RF as well as IR, in device setup you can set to IR, RF or both output, but I'm not sure what frequency they are for RF.

I just got a Sofabaton X1S to replace my aging Logitech Harmony that has become very temperamental. I like it so far, but would love to have Wiim control via the Sofabaton. Ideally, it would be great to have the "Now Playing" screen appear on my TV when on the WiiM input.

Back