USB - Connection to DAC not found in WiiM Home app

Not yet, recommendations? WiiM support has stated the Ultra is not designed to work with a computer. I may be returning the Ultra as not supporting USB out to a computer is as strange as the HDMI being only an input.
You need an audio interface with spdif to usb audio path for example.

I don't recall seeing that.
Can you post the relevant bit?
Could we be looking at different faq pages? I can't find your quote that I replied to above!!

Yep, I can totally see how that faq page is misleading!
The title and (some of) the content don't align.

Edit: It's a shame, as they are obviously trying to provide useful info, but it seems they don't really check / update such doco very well as there are quite a few examples of poorly worded and outdated doco.

Last edited:
Yep, I can totally see how that faq page is misleading!
The title and (some of) the content don't align.
It does state to "connect a sound card or DAC". I honestly don't understand why WiiM has designed the Ultra to work only with HDMI audio in (only) and USB OUT for a DAC or Sound Card. Seriously thinking or returning, but the streaming abilities, sound quality, and PHONO are the biggest reasons for buying. For what it does do, it's a bargain.

It does state to "connect a sound card or DAC". I honestly don't understand why WiiM has designed the Ultra to work only with HDMI audio in (only) and USB OUT for a DAC or Sound Card. Seriously thinking or returning, but the streaming abilities, sound quality, and PHONO are the biggest reasons for buying. For what it does do, it's a bargain.
Yep, every product has compromises, just have to decide what's worth worrying about / what you can live with / do without!

Back