USB control only available on the app, and associated screen issues

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
As per title.

I’ve just stuck some music into folders on a USB stick and attached that to the Ultra.

I thought ‘USB In’ would appear as an input display, but it doesn’t. Indeed, when I use the app to play a track, the input showing on the Ultra’s screen is ‘Wi-Fi’.

In addition, I thought I’d be able to scroll through my folders using the Ultra’s screen, but I can’t.

Anyone any ideas?

As per title.

I’ve just stuck some music into folders on a USB stick and attached that to the Ultra.

I thought ‘USB In’ would appear as an input display, but it doesn’t. Indeed, when I use the app to play a track, the input showing on the Ultra’s screen is ‘Wi-Fi’.

In addition, I thought I’d be able to scroll through my folders using the Ultra’s screen, but I can’t.

Anyone any ideas?
It takes a lot to scan the content of the external HDD. I have 27.000 songs, and it takes an hour or two. Be patient

It takes a lot to scan the content of the external HDD. I have 27.000 songs, and it takes an hour or two. Be patient

No you misunderstand, it’s already scanned.

It’s not that the music isn’t there. It’s that ‘USB Input’ isn’t listed on the Ultra’s screen, only on the app.

USB is not displayed in the input menu, but while the music is playing I can slide to the left on the screen and I end up in the queue. I can scroll down through it
IMG_1608.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1610.jpeg
    IMG_1610.jpeg
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 5
I’ve raised a ticket. WiiM replied within minutes:

“Sorry, we currently do not support accessing USB drive content via ultra screen. We greatly appreciate your suggestion and have added your request to our feature list. Should the opportunity arise to implement this feature in the future, we will certainly consider it.”

That’s a shame, but fair enough.

I am going to guess the focus is on controlling the device primarily via remote means (phone, tablets, ect). The functionality of the display is abit hit and miss at the moment.

Back