USB Drive attached to WiiM Ultra: access it to copy files from/into it (SSH, FTP, Samba)...

pjorgenunes

Hi,

Several media servers allow to mount the USB drive attached to it in windows / linux. This is an awesome feature, since it allows to copy, upload, delete and change files on USB drive, without having to disconnect it from the media server and connect it via USB on PC.

I'm getting my CD to flac (over time) and it's annoying to allows have to do this phisycal process.

For me the USB drive on WiiM Ultra should also be a kind of connect and forget (physically) and should be managed remotedly from a PC on local network.

Thanks for your attention.

Hi,

Several media servers allow to mount the USB drive attached to it in windows / linux. This is an awesome feature, since it allows to copy, upload, delete and change files on USB drive, without having to disconnect it from the media server and connect it via USB on PC.

I'm getting my CD to flac (over time) and it's annoying to allows have to do this phisycal process.

For me the USB drive on WiiM Ultra should also be a kind of connect and forget (physically) and should be managed remotedly from a PC on local network.

Thanks for your attention.
see this thread

see this thread

Thank you for your quick answer and link. I've read it and I believe it didn't come to any feature like ftp server, samba server or similar from WiiM (correct me please if I'm wrong).
So I believe it would be nice to have this as a request feature.

You are correcct.
You can of course access a NAS or DLNA/UPnP server on your network using the Wiim app and send the audio to your Ultra as a renderer.

You are correcct.
You can of course access a NAS or DLNA/UPnP server on your network using the Wiim app and send the audio to your Ultra as a renderer.

I do have a NAS server (two disks with mirror 0 configuration) that I use mainly for backup home stuff (pics, videos, music library) and I've done it already (works very well by the way). The only thing is that I use it from times to times to backup new stuff and in between this backup periods I disconnect it. I believe it has some power consumption equivalent to 5€-10€ a month... but I may be wrong :)

Back