USB input

I'm interested in the WiiM Ultra. The one question I have will the USB input support DSD in the form DSF files of ripped SACDs from an external hard drive (2TB-5TB)? I looked at the WiiM Amp product page and did not see any mention of supported audio formats with the USB input or a hard drive size limitation.
Not sure if this is useful; from the wiim ultra q&a page

Will DSD (using DoP) be supported on any digital inputs or in any streaming modes?Currently, our system does not support native DSD playback. We are developing a feature to convert DSD files to PCM format for playback.

afaik DSD is not supported by WiiM. you can use Roon or LMS or minimserver or Home Assistant or audirvana that will convert it to PCM.

there is a thread on the forums about it here on the fourms https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/dsd-passthrough-to-a-dsd-capable-dac.3508/
I should have mentioned in my earlier post that the Ultra would be used as a transport. The Ultra would be connected to a Marantz SA-KI Ruby CD/SACD player via coaxial. Would it mater if the Ultra is used as a transport bypassing the DACs? Excuse my lack of knowledge as far a "LMS" or the other mentioned methods. I'm not interested in using Roon. Thanks for your help!

Back