Using PEQ forces room correction?

Steve Woodhouse

Major Contributor
I may be misunderstanding or missing something.

I’ve run room correction. I’ve copied that over using ‘Auto’, and then edited, and saved as a custom PEQ.

So far, so good. But now it appears, if I turn room correction off, PEQ turns off. If I turn PEQ on, room correction turns itself on.

Can anyone explain what’s actually happening, Am I getting double EQ? It doesn’t sound like it, but I’m a worrier.

No double PEQ. RC means using the PEQ with the measured curve.
Yes correct.
One can also save the RC and do many different corrections to compare, and use different correction bandwith, like 40-4000 Hz and 40-300 Hz. And ofcourse go in manualy and change the correction numbers according to taste. With a good mic like Dayton imm6 or better its very well implemented.

I may be misunderstanding or missing something.

I’ve run room correction. I’ve copied that over using ‘Auto’, and then edited, and saved as a custom PEQ.

So far, so good. But now it appears, if I turn room correction off, PEQ turns off. If I turn PEQ on, room correction turns itself on.

Can anyone explain what’s actually happening, Am I getting double EQ? It doesn’t sound like it, but I’m a worrier.

To me that also makes zero sense. I even raised a ticket when that feature first came out, because I thought it was obviously a bug. What is the switch in the RC menu good for anyway? In my opinion it is not necessary and should not be there.

To me that also makes zero sense. I even raised a ticket when that feature first came out, because I thought it was obviously a bug. What is the switch in the RC menu good for anyway? In my opinion it is not necessary and should not be there.
I also have no idea why the RC on/off switch is there. All that matters is that the correct filters are chosen for PEQ.

That point is not without any function, it starts a new RC measurement. But I am with MrSoul: It should/could be better implemented in the PEQ section.
The RC section of the menu serves a purpose but the on/off toggle doesn't. It has to be on to perform a measurement but after that it doesn't matter. To turn it off or on you would use the PEQ settings. It isn't the only confusing part of settings, looks at the way L/R PEQ settings are saved. That seems to cause endless confusion 🤣

Back