What are you listening to?

♪ Playing If I Gave You My Love by Sly & Robbie from Nordub - Sly & Robbie Meet Nils Petter Molvaer (2018) (Qobuz • 2985kbps, 24bit, 96kHz, -6.12dB, FLC)

IMG_7189.png

So much talent...
To be honest, I didn't like it much in the early days. However, I started listening to Happier Than Ever often and have a feeling that I will like it even more with this album. I will spend my May listening to this.😊

To be honest, I didn't like it much in the early days. However, I started listening to Happier Than Ever often and have a feeling that I will like it even more with this album. I will spend my May listening to this.😊
For me her brother is at least as important as she.

Another Friday afternoon with less work being done than might be hoped for.
However, the morning was very productive so I just consider it a good balance... ;)

Screenshot_20240524-145137_WiiM Home.jpg

Steve Albini passed this month. Was one of my countless favorite musicians, as well as producer (a description he hated) and engineer.
This one as an example. Ys was a complex project, with Newsom employing a range of control-room collaborators, including Van Dyke Parks and Jim O'Rourke. But she asked Albini to record the central element - her harp and vocals - knowing that there was nobody better at capturing the sound of an artist and their instruments in a room.

IMG_3169.jpeg

Back