What are you listening to?

Capturing the band of Zappa, George Duke, Chester Thompson (drums), Tom Fowler (bass), Bruce Fowler (trombone), Ruth Underwood (percussion) and Napoleon Murphy Brock (vocals) at the height of their powers.
And not forgetting: Zappa NEVER failed!

IMG_3445.jpeg

My first contact and try with ChatGPT! Scary in a way, but effective and with a no nonsense result. At least here. Nevertheless it will be not repeated. Old brains like mine need work. (Wish we it had during school or study 😉)

"Damnation" by Opeth is a captivating departure from the band's usual heavy progressive metal sound, showcasing their versatility and depth. Released in 2003, this album embraces a more mellow, progressive rock style, rich with melancholic melodies and hauntingly beautiful acoustic arrangements. Mikael Åkerfeldt's clean vocals are emotionally resonant, perfectly complementing the introspective lyrics and atmospheric instrumentals. Tracks like "Windowpane" and "In My Time of Need" highlight the band's adeptness at creating intricate soundscapes. "Damnation" stands as a testament to Opeth's ability to evolve and experiment, offering a serene yet profound listening experience."

IMG_3446.jpeg

Been listening to and watching this band out of Minnesota a lot lately. As a duo or the full band, very talented and a great sound. A rising star in the Midwest of the US. Looking forward to more, a US tour, and opening for other headliners.

Attachments

• IMG_7698.jpeg
    IMG_7698.jpeg
    707 KB · Views: 5
Great Britain's 10th best rock jazz (or jazz rock?) album to start the day. Headphone time, of course.

IMG_3448.jpeg

Back