What are you listening to?

Big article in actual Record Collector about Marc Almond.
Not so easy for a (more or less) German to follow lyrics sung in English translated from the original Franco-Belgian without loosing the intentions. Good to have a lot of German artists who interpreted Brel in our language. Those were my first contacts, otherwise I am not sure my rudimentary French would let me understand the meaning. Recognizing the melody means remembering the lyrics.
Anyway, this is among my favorite MA albums. Ne me quitte pas 😉

IMG_3468.jpeg

Matinee!
More than a few say Schubert's late sonata D.960 is the most beautiful piece of music ever written. May be. Here my number one interpretation with the wonderful Polish-Suisse pianist Krystian Zimerman, who played it outstanding, not one of the countless young and hyped mannerist technicians. Although sonically not longer state of the art, a bit sharp in the heights. An amp which plays great without turning the volume knob too far to the right could help. Or simply one with tone controls 😉 Or you are a Master of Equalizing, either graphic or parametric. Or you simply leave it all as it is and enjoys the music first.

IMG_3472.jpeg

Received an e-mail answer this morning for a request from March ! this year.
@Brantome I've asked Stripjointglasgow, the place to pre-order this album's limited edition with the autographs from the two "disgruntled misanthropic poets", as a German critic named them once. Only to get month's later a lapidar "No. Sorry. Sold out." 😉😂
Nevertheless I like AS since their first album.

IMG_3473.jpeg

Let the matches begin!
Today two hearts are beating in my chest. Thanks heaven this game is not so often in tournaments. 😉
Scotland - Germany 2:2

IMG_3483.jpeg

Back