What are you listening to?

1000006749.jpg

The Band isn't really known to me but discovered them of late (call me a younger generation still in my mid 30s...). Great album however. Not sure why not so known seeing the quality they show here? US Country/folk rock is a bit less played in general in Europe I feel..
They must have been pretty big in their peak days?

The streaming services' "De Luxe" version delivers far more material than my old vinyl. Is it necessary? Up to you, the additional tracks are a nice to have but I prefer nearly always the genuine album version.
They are nice for some experiments or deep dives. But 99% of the time I do feel the bonus stuff takes away from the pure album experience. Guess you just as well have the option to push stop once you reached the original ending so "deluxe" problem 😂

They are nice for some experiments or deep dives. But 99% of the time I do feel the bonus stuff takes away from the pure album experience. Guess you just as well have the option to push stop once you reached the original ending so "deluxe" problem 😂
My turntable does this stop for me 😉 but because we are in a streamer forum I give my recommendations this way. And most important it is so easy to take a screenshot.

Need for some speed this morning.
Raven's second work is often called an influential waypoint of Speed Metal. Also not entirely unimportant for the Thrash, there will also be a tour with Metallica for the English in the near future.

IMG_3599.jpeg

Already 20 years ago this album was released.
"Sometimes you know you might be catching lightning in a bottle, and as soon as we had some of it written, we knew we were on to something good."
"Thank God Marbles was such a good record, or the next four or five years might have finished us off."
(Mark Kelly)

IMG_3602.jpeg

Already 20 years ago this album was released.
"Sometimes you know you might be catching lightning in a bottle, and as soon as we had some of it written, we knew we were on to something good."
"Thank God Marbles was such a good record, or the next four or five years might have finished us off."
(Mark Kelly)

View attachment 8236
I never really took any notice post Fish.

Just for info. Mentioned this before. For Neil Young fans the place to go is Neil Young Archives (NYA). They have a free tier, but the (cheap) paid version is even more great.
Although most of the recordings are available from the streaming services I would love something like NYA Connect 😉 But these guys are not interested in. Asked more than once. One can Airplay via the iOS app, but thats not my favorite solution. For headphoners like me it is simply fantastic.

IMG_3604.jpeg

Moin.
A bit ambiguous here. From the series "Clowns for Breakfast / Lunch / Tea / Dinner".
You get what could be expected from Kiss. Kiss did Kiss things! 😉

IMG_3615.jpeg

Came out like a morning for one of my many guilty pleasures.
Kiss, for sure, weren't the smartest or most sophisticated band around. They're were not reinventing the wheel or changing the world or winning any prizes for poetry. But the songs they've written since they exploded into life back in the multi-coloured early 70s stand among the greatest songs in the history of rock'n'roll, anthems of love, lust, rebellion and rock'n'roll that have soundtracked millions of lives the world over. But as Gene (Simmons 😉) himself admits, all of that would have been nothing without the music.

IMG_3618.jpeg

Back