What are you listening to?

The boys are back in town!
The ways of The Lord and of rock music are often unpredictable. If you look at it objectively, Grand Slam could have become one of the most important and successful rock bands of the 1980s and 1990s (and perhaps beyond), but above all the drug problems of front-man Phil Lynott prevented the commercial breakthrough.

IMG_3687.jpeg

In the mood for some electric Miles.
Later watching which team Germany will meet Saturday in the round of 16. If everything goes "normal" the likelihood to play Denmark is evident. But whats "normal" in sports, especially in football?

IMG_3689.jpeg

Many many years ago the BBC World Service had a weekly music requests show (back in the days when requests were by post!).

Much to my surprise they actually played my request ("from a listener in Konstanz, West Germany")...

Probably, the one and only time this track was ever played on British radio.

I started listening to music as a child under the influence of my older brother. I saved up money and bought my first audio system, a "SANYO fashionable teleco". It was a boom box that was very popular at the time and I adored it.

IMG_20240626_140119.jpg
The commercial girl was Hawaiian model "Michelle." There is no way of knowing where she is now. And at the time, this boombox was about the same price as the WiiM Pro Plus!

I used to record and binge listen to pop music played daily on the FM station. My main source was the "American Top 40".

Such cassette tapes were something to aspire to, but they are very expensive for me.
IMG_20240626_134153.jpg
IMG_20240626_134208.jpg

So I used to love the cheapest "Lo-D" normal tapes made by Hitachi. No, I told myself, I love this...
IMG_20240626_134237.jpg

Now, I know that not many people are interested in the music I am proposing, but starting today I am going to introduce the music I have recorded on these cassette tapes.

Unfortunately all the cassette tapes were disposed of long ago and I don't have a single one left, so this will be a trip down memory lane for me.

[My cassette tape memories Vol.1]
Screenshot_2024-06-26-14-34-16-379_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

I didn't even know what "Honesty" meant at the time, but this track taught me that I could enjoy music without understanding the language.

Have a good day. 😊

I started listening to music as a child under the influence of my older brother. I saved up money and bought my first audio system, a "SANYO fashionable teleco". It was a boom box that was very popular at the time and I adored it.

View attachment 8399
The commercial girl was Hawaiian model "Michelle." There is no way of knowing where she is now. And at the time, this boombox was about the same price as the WiiM Pro Plus!

I used to record and binge listen to pop music played daily on the FM station. My main source was the "American Top 40".

Such cassette tapes were something to aspire to, but they are very expensive for me.
View attachment 8400
View attachment 8401

So I used to love the cheapest "Lo-D" normal tapes made by Hitachi. No, I told myself, I love this...
View attachment 8402

Now, I know that not many people are interested in the music I am proposing, but starting today I am going to introduce the music I have recorded on these cassette tapes.

Unfortunately all the cassette tapes were disposed of long ago and I don't have a single one left, so this will be a trip down memory lane for me.

[My cassette tape memories Vol.1]
View attachment 8403

I didn't even know what "Honesty" meant at the time, but this track taught me that I could enjoy music without understanding the language.

Have a good day. 😊
Couldn't start much better! Go, Wiimer, go!

Few bands bettered All About Eve when it came to remaining true to their goth principles while embracing pop - and this polished, gutsy album proves it.
Haunting guitars and moody rhythm sections marinate much of this self-titled debut LP, but thanks to the cool, pure vocals of Julianne Regan and some disarming melodies, it's also very much a "goth-pop" effort.

IMG_3701.jpeg

Jazz trios are rare to find among my favorite recordings. This is an (world class sounding) exception. To be honest, the cover wasn't complete innocent. 😇

IMG_3704.jpeg

Even heroes have weak phases. Nevertheless this is an ok album, some other bands would be happy to have once accomplished such a work. However, certain wear and tear are noticeable here: Page was struggling with his heroin problem, Bonham was mostly full like a thousand R..,uhm sailors 😉, Plant was still mourning his son. In Stockholm "Polar Studio", home of the pop kings Abba, they therefore rarely met at the same time. Overdubs was the magic word, which was quite detrimental to the studio magic. John Paul Jones tried to keep everything together, but the bite was somehow gone.

IMG_3705.jpeg

Back