What are you listening to?

For reasons, sad news this morning. But now R.P.S. Lanrue and Rio Reiser will meet again in heaven. The influence these guys and this band had on German rock music is hardly to overrate.

IMG_4107.jpeg

Don't have all albums so will jump few of them. Forgive me... But I do have Songs of the Wood... so let's see if I agree with achim or not.

Stand Up (1969): played it few weeks ago. Was surprised slightly as it was even better than I recalled. But this first JT era is just awesome. Although not perfect, it is so enjoyable it might even hold up against some of the more obvious candidates.

For tonight so far:

Aqualung (1971), might be biased here as it was my first JT album I bought. Taking top spot for me so far.

View attachment 9151

Thick as a Brick (1972), several sublime passages obviously as well.

View attachment 9152

So far: Aqualung >> Thick as a Brick > Stand Up?
Totally with you on Aqualung, listened to it last night too 👍

Things can change. We decided to leave Friesland today already. First plan was to meet the rest of the family in Gelsenkirchen tomorrow. After all what we've heard today we will drive to Düsseldorf later this evening and go to SwiftCity by train tomorrow, taking the offer to have a shuttle from the station to Veltins Arena.
Cross fingers, it will be an adventure, at least for Oma and Opa 😂😂

IMG_4111.jpeg

Things can change. We decided to leave Friesland today already. First plan was to meet the rest of the family in Gelsenkirchen tomorrow. After all what we've heard today we will drive to Düsseldorf later this evening and go to SwiftCity by train tomorrow, taking the offer to have a shuttle from the station to Veltins Arena.
Cross fingers, it will be an adventure, at least for Oma and Opa 😂😂

View attachment 9181

Please take care and enjoy your adventure.
Please be careful not to eat too many magic mushrooms. 😄

1000002072.pngSaw the movie Longlegs last night. I haven't thought of T. Rex in a long time. From there I went to The Power Station and finally Duran Duran. The power of music or a song never ceases to amaze me.

Back