What are you listening to?

Most of the videos from this guy I like. Not always share his opinions. But he has often knowledge far superior from mine about backgrounds and history of the recordings. And he never bores me. Most likely because he speaks more or less always about "my music from the past" 😉

Something more to bore you 😎
Little Lady asked a bit of assistance for a homework, so I have to grab some minor knowledge out of the depth of my brain.
Ask myself how long this music will remain relevant in todays schools? I personally hope it will stay, because its simply the rock music from former centuries.
So, for this special job about this special asked composition my two cornerstone recordings both come from the Canadian enfant terrible Glenn Gould. The first recording from 1956 hit the classical music world like a meteorite impact. One half called it blasphemy, the other half fell in love immediately. Personally I prefer the second one from 1981, a digital recording due to its superior sound quality. A thing which happens not so often 😉

IMG_4524.jpeg

Something more to bore you 😎
Little Lady asked a bit of assistance for a homework, so I have to grab some minor knowledge out of the depth of my brain.
Ask myself how long this music will remain relevant in todays schools? I personally hope it will stay, because its simply the rock music from former centuries.
So, for this special job about this special asked composition my two cornerstone recordings both come from the Canadian enfant terrible Glenn Gould. The first recording from 1956 hit the classical music world like a meteorite impact. One half called it blasphemy, the other half fell in love immediately. Personally I prefer the second one from 1981, a digital recording due to its superior sound quality. A thing which happens not so often 😉

View attachment 11610
Additionally "Sarabande" reminds me to hear the good stuff again from Jon Lord

Back