What will the ‘other’ new WiiM be this May?

Linkplay have a long history of similar products - they are a systems integrator using modules they manufacture in a wide variety of devices. It doesn’t necessarily follow that what they do for other vendors they’ll do for WiiM devices.

Edit: see the list of devices here with Linkplay modules https://www.linkplay.com/products-powered-by-linkplay
Well, blow me down! 😁. I've got 5 of those without knowing they're all Linkplay!

Wiim wireless Subwoofer would be an interesting option as it could work with both the Wiim Amp and Ultra. I am sure it would be a compact design that would fit into a variety of spaces.

Dual monoblock WiiM Amp? 😋 I'm in for $800.💰

Hegel -- WiiM is coming for you!

Wiim wireless Subwoofer would be an interesting option as it could work with both the Wiim Amp and Ultra. I am sure it would be a compact design that would fit into a variety of spaces.
There's no fundamental reason a "Wiim Wireless Sub" would need the Amp or the Ultra. Once you go wireless, you don't necessarily need the Sub Out as implemented on the Amp and Ultra.

A Mini connected to a powered sub would essentially yield a wireless subwoofer . . . just add it to a "group", configure a suitable low-pass shelf filter on the Mini's EQ, connect the output to the subwoofer and you've got a wireless sub. That sort of functionality could be grouped with any Wiim, a Mini, Pro, Pro+ (or Amp or Ultra) driving the main stereo speakers. If you want high pass on the mains, use the EQ in the Wiim on the mains to do a high-pass shelf.

A more pragmatic question is: does Wiim want to compete with other subwoofer brands and/or ship HEAVY products around the world. My bet is a hard "no." But marketing a mildly revised/re-styled Mini as a cheap wireless conversion for existing subs, perhaps with a configurable delay (something you can't do with a stock Mini as I described above) would make pretty good sense.

what’s missing on ultra in order to make it complete? I think it’s power amp that will complement the set up.

I don't really believe that this is what it's gonna be, but I would probably buy this combo straight away (if the power amp comes with PFFB or any other technology that does away with load dependency) ... 😀

A combined 'one box' Ultra + Amp, including headphone and Sub woofer outputs? Or maybe a standalone phono stage?

I think a modestly priced standalone power amp, higher power than the Amp and w/ PFFB, would be a logical addition to the Wiim lineup. Priced between $150 and $200, ideally. It would complement the Pro, Pro+ and Ultra, which is a pretty good "upsell" / plus-one marketing opportunity for Wiim. And it wouldn't cannibalize the Amp sales, since the Amp would still be the lowest cost of entry for combined streaming/amplifier functionality.
And the marginal effort to design one is probably modest, since they have experience w/ the TPA3255 in the Amp.

Personally I trust the stability and reliability of Wiim products over Fosi, Aiyima and their peers. Would much prefer to match a Pro+ or Ultra up with a Wiim amplifier than a pair of Fosi Mono's with external power bricks.

I was going to say a Wiim Sub, but was meaning a small WiFi module+DAC which connects to your sub and we can link to any of the current line up and use the bass management/PEQ/RC etc.
Hi Joffy1780, Team

If we update the existing WiiM Pro or WiiM Mini with customized software, would this meet your specifications for the WiiM Sub? Additionally, do you have any other concerns regarding the customized WiiM Mini or Pro compared to the proposed WiiM Sub?

Hi Joffy1780, Team

If we update the existing WiiM Pro or WiiM Mini with customized software, would this meet your specifications for the WiiM Sub? Additionally, do you have any other concerns regarding the customized WiiM Mini or Pro compared to the proposed WiiM Sub?
Forget the sub idea and give the mini squeezelite and/or chromecast😁🎶😘

Hi Joffy1780, Team

If you make the wiim mini able to function as a wireless sub ( when connected to a active / powered subwoofer) then that would certainly meet everyone expectations.
It would probably exceed expectations.

That would let people have a system with two wiim products, one for streaming audio to their speakers and another to output the sub signal wirelessly.

WiiM Amp with improved/better/good WiFi connectivity (as good as Bluesound's for instance) would be awesome cause it just doesn't work for me nor for several (agree might be a limited share but still) customers living in a busy network environment

If you make the wiim mini able to function as a wireless sub ( when connected to a active / powered subwoofer) then that would certainly meet everyone expectations.
'Everyone'?? Not me, count me out! I have no such expectation for anything to do with subwoofers 😝

'Everyone'?? Not me, count me out! I have no such expectation for anything to do with subwoofers 😝
Given I have essentially full range speakers (they go down to 35hz which is fine for music) I have no need for a sub, however an ultra + power amp? sign me up!

Hi Joffy1780, Team

This bit is important, I think.

Any set up along these lines, it’s a must that it maintains full bass management and room correction.

If someone sets a crossover for the sub at say 80Hz, it’s vital that’s all that’s sent to the sub (whether it be a Mini, or some other device), and that any PEQ adjustments made are kept.

And it’s vital that the Pro, Pro Plus, or Ultra then only outputs above 80Hz, whether that’s over analogue or digital outputs.

If that doesn’t happen, there’s really not a lot of point having any sort of sub out facility.

By the way, this needs to be true for the Ultra, too. If you tell the Ultra you have a sub, and to crossover at 80Hz, then the high passed signal for the mains must have the same bass management applied over both analogue outs and digital outs.

Hi Joffy1780, Team

Hi, and thanks for the reply, @WiiM Support
I think a customised Wiim Mini would be perfect as a 'Wiim Sub'
The only concern would be the DAC in the mini. It would be more than sufficient for this purpose, in my opinion, but there will likely be some 'audiophiles' who would like a better one.

This bit is important, I think.

Any set up along these lines, it’s a must that it maintains full bass management and room correction.

If someone sets a crossover for the sub at say 80Hz, it’s vital that’s all that’s sent to the sub (whether it be a Mini, or some other device), and that any PEQ adjustments made are kept.

And it’s vital that the Pro, Pro Plus, or Ultra then only outputs above 80Hz, whether that’s over analogue or digital outputs.

If that doesn’t happen, there’s really not a lot of point having any sort of sub out facility.

By the way, this needs to be true for the Ultra, too. If you tell the Ultra you have a sub, and to crossover at 80Hz, then the high passed signal for the mains must have the same bass management applied over both analogue outs and digital outs.
I thought that went without saying, but yes, it would need to have bass management/EQ.

Back