Which graphical equalization memory do you like best in the wiim ultra?

Totally agree. EQ literally always sounded worse to me. Doesn't matter if it's done digitally or analog.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against EQ at all. I love me my PEQ for fixing room and speaker issues. I'm just not a GEQ guy. If my system sounds good to me that's usually all I need, regardless of volume or programme material.

There are rare cases when I desire some additional correction like taming a very harsh recording or adding some ooomph! to a movie. Unfortunately, even then I cannot sensibly use the GEQ, because enabling GEQ as of now means giving up my carefully created PEQ for room correction. That's not a good trade.

And because of that I would like to see PEQ and GEQ applied simultaneously, on top of each other.

I always used to keep it flat, then recently starting messing around with different presets.

Quite like "rock" when playing guitar type "rock", worked with The Stranglers last night.

Would the ability to daisy chain PEQ profiles creating a ‘super profile’ be useful in your (and others) case? It might be more flexible
Absolutely. That's pretty similar to what Lyngdorf do with their amps and processors: You can create a (P)EQ specifically for your speaker (and sub), you can apply their RoomPerfect room correction and on top of it all you can pick from a bunch of "voicings" or just create your own ones (based on PEQ, again). It's just that the RC is much more fine granular (144 correction point per channel or so) and you cannot change it manually or even view it.

But since quite a number users seem to prefer the more accessible GEQ for "sounding" I'd just be happy if we could use it without loosing the room correction.

But since quite a number users seem to prefer the more accessible GEQ for "sounding" I'd just be happy if we could use it without loosing the room correction.
That’s how WiiM described it in one of the Ultra threads if I recall, so hopefully applying both GEQ and PEQ/RC at the same time will become available at some point.

That’s how WiiM described it in one of the Ultra threads if I recall, so hopefully applying both GEQ and PEQ/RC at the same time will become available at some point.
I don't remember having read that but fully trust your memory here. :)

That would be great.

Back