Why WiiM AMP Pro?

The Amp Pro implements PFFB and has a better specced DAC, Wi-Fi 6E and BT 5.3.

In general, there is no point in buying a WiiM AMP Pro, you will lose AirPlay and pay an extra $80
You are of course welcome to your opinion even if you mock a statement of basic facts and can’t say what you were waiting for, but for others the addition of PFFB addresses concerns expressed about the original Amp.

Sorry, but this does not solve any problems except those imagined in the heads of audiophiles. Normal people who are not interested in laboratory tests will not hear any difference
In that case why were you waiting for the Amp Pro? The original Amp has been around for a long time now and has Airplay.

But of course I’m very interested in why AirPlay was removed. It's unlikely that WiiM didn't want to pay licensing fees.
You won’t find an answer here as this has been speculated to death in the forum and elsewhere with little light being shone on the actual reason why. You should try contacting WiiM directly if you want a definitive answer. But don’t hold your breath.

My only gripe with the Amp Pro is that I wish it had 100 watts at 8 ohms.
And a headphone jack
Wiim Ultra with a couple Fosi V3 monoblocks will get you there for $610. A fair bit more than the $240 I paid for my non-pro Amp, but it has PFFB, nearly twice the power, a display, phono input, etc. Still a bargain and hardly more expensive than I'd expect a similarly specced Wiim all in one.

Back