Why WiiM AMP Pro?

Most people who buy a streaming amplifier would use it with a streaming app, for example Spotify.
For people who don't care about audio quality there should not be a problem with using bluetooth, though how many people have music downloaded on their devices these days?

Considering how poorly supported it was to begin with, as Apple Music isn't supported, I can't see why people who only use it would buy any wiim product.
Spotify is used by people who don't care about audio quality, and your other point, Bluetooth is not a viable alternative to AirPlay, because it doesn't allow you to cast music to multiple speakers/devices.

Spotify is used by people who don't care about audio quality, and your other point, Bluetooth is not a viable alternative to AirPlay, because it doesn't allow you to cast music to multiple speakers/devices.
I definitely 💯 agree. Many listeners as long there’s music comes out whether its sound like am radio don’t matter. They are not serious or audiophile for that matter. They are just casual listeners passing time or just bored. For some of us who want hi fidelity or hardcore want nothing but the best on our budget allowed. The monthly subscription of Spotify is on par what you get on tidal or other that offer high resolution loseless. Why pay on lossy quality when you get high quality on others? Spotify been saying it will deliver hifi but that was 3 years ago and it hasn’t seen the light of day till now. Maybe Spotify think you can’t hear difference and most listener are just using earbud or in their car.

Considering how poorly supported it was to begin with, as Apple Music isn't supported, I can't see why people who only use it would buy any wiim product.
I agree with that. The only time I used Airplay was by accident when I first bought the Amp and hadn't figured it out yet. But I've used Airplay with three different implementations in the past, and had dropouts with every single one. Two of these were old Airplay 1 designs, but the last was with some modern KEF LSX IIs, Airplay 2 on a mesh network and blazing fast wifi connectivity. Plus, continuous wifi from my phone will hurt battery. There's a reason why people use bluetooth--way less energy consumption.
I definitely 💯 agree. Many listeners as long there’s music comes out whether its sound like am radio don’t matter. They are not serious or audiophile for that matter. They are just casual listeners passing time or just bored. For some of us who want hi fidelity or hardcore want nothing but the best on our budget allowed. The monthly subscription of Spotify is on par what you get on tidal or other that offer high resolution loseless. Why pay on lossy quality when you get high quality on others? Spotify been saying it will deliver hifi but that was 3 years ago and it hasn’t seen the light of day till now. Maybe Spotify think you can’t hear difference and most listener are just using earbud or in their car.
Elitism at its finest. I use Spotify, having previously trialed Apple Music and Amazon. I'd probably prefer a lossless service just for peace of mind, but my kids share playlists through Spotify so that family plan works better for us. Spotify gives us 320kbps Vorbis. Can you tell the difference between that and lossless? Maybe you can, but I can't, either with HD6XX headphones or my PSB Platinums. Then again I'm middle-aged and my ears don't work too good.

The main reason I'd personally prefer a different service is Spotify pays artists at the lowest rate, and I like the Atmos encoding for portable devices that Apple and Amazon provide. But I'm happy with Spotify.

Here's the test*, do at least ten trials of each song. LMK how you do. If you score high and have Foobar, maybe you could use the ABX comparator to have a verified result.

* The test uses 320kbps AAC, not Vorbis. Spotify changed codecs but the test wasn't updated. But Vorbis is considered to be on par with AAC at higher bitrates.

Back