Wiim amp bluetooth vs chromecast sound quality?

Sumit

While listening on apple music via chromecast from andriod device. Music sounds really compress. On the other hand casting via bluetooth source Apple music (AAC Code) on same scenarios. Music sounds different. It's having good quality. Details are present. Sounds fully open. So my question is why casting via chromecast sounds bad and bluetooth sounds good.

While listening on apple music via chromecast from andriod device. Music sounds really compress. On the other hand casting via bluetooth source Apple music (AAC Code) on same scenarios. Music sounds different. It's having good quality. Details are present. Sounds fully open. So my question is why casting via chromecast sounds bad and bluetooth sounds good.

Is there some kind of DSP (EQ) applied on the Apple Music app or on your phone? For example, recent Android phones have Dolby atmos, which I believe applies to Bluetooth.

No dolby atoms is off. I just set wiim amp same eq for bluetooth and wifi. But sounds different on both

No dolby atoms is off. I just set wiim amp same eq for bluetooth and wifi. But sounds different on both
Are you using EQ or listening to Atmos tracks in the apple music app? And DSP is not only for Dolby.

Chromecast does not apply the sound effects of the phone or app, so the sound quality may have changed before WiiM receives the audio signal. Please check again.

If I remember correctly, the WiiM could not apply EQ on the Bluetooth input; please try turning EQ off and keeping the volume the same to compare.

Maybe we're now a bit off topic, but just so others don't think I'm being rude (and I'm sure you got it) it's a reference to your post in the 'Listening' thread.

Maybe we're now a bit off topic, but just so others don't think I'm being rude (and I'm sure you got it) it's a reference to your post in the 'Listening' thread.
Of course I've got it! Personally I think that a bit more humor (be it as bad or flat as it can be 😉) could decorate the forum.

I think it’s on Bluetooth output that eq isn’t applied.
Yes, you are right. Sorry for doubting you even a little... I had just tested that the day before yesterday.😅

I am no longer confident that I will remember my birthday until tomorrow. 😂

@Sumit,
How are you doing since then?

If I remember correctly, the WiiM could not apply EQ on the Bluetooth input; please try turning EQ off and keeping the volume the same to compare.
Wiim amp could not apply eq on bluetooth. R u sure. I clear notice the difference on bluetooth when applied eq. It's works on bluetooth and wifi also. So you are trying to say that eq is only for analog, optical and hdmi inputs?

Wiim amp could not apply eq on bluetooth. R u sure. I clear notice the difference on bluetooth when applied eq. It's works on bluetooth and wifi also. So you are trying to say that eq is only for analog, optical and hdmi inputs?
Sorry, my mistake as mentioned earlier, you can apply EQ on the WiiM amp on the Bluetooth input, it is the Bluetooth transmission from the WiiM where EQ cannot be applied.

What are you saying..I dint get you. We are going off the topic. In my case Bluetooth sound much better then chromecast. Even not having aptx hd. Only on aac. Much fuller then chromecast. Same eq setting is applied on both.

Radio sound much better then bluetooth and chromecast. Even it's play in below 320kbps. Is there something with the amp software issue or hardware. Dnt know. Wiim shud solve it. I m planning to switch from wiim amp to other device. I dnt like the chromecast sound quality. And it dnt have aptx hd also. The device which are have good bluetooth codes sounds much better then wiim amp. I personally experienced it.

Back