Wiim amp computer connection

phreakmode

New here, with that said hello to everyone.

I have a Wiim Amp used to amplify audible signals from my home PC, my Galaxy phone, and my Samsung Tablet. I had been using a 3.5mm to RCA cable to feed the amp signal, what I found today was using Spotify(from Win 11) and choosing the Wiim Amp device as an output greatly increased the volume. My question is, is there any way I can configure Windows 11 or the Wiim Amp to WiFi out/in the audio signal? I do not have a stand-alone DB meter but using my phone 5-6 increased DB.

Thank you for your time,

Ralph

What is it that you want to stream to the amp from your PC other than Spotify ?
Some windows apps can be configured to cast audio to a Wiim as a upnp/dlna target, e,g. foobar2000
there is also

You could also feed your amp opticall y using a USB to toslink adaptor
Cubilux

Games, videos including various social media sites.
In that case the best option is probably USB to Optical adapter. If you used USB DAC to analog you would introduce a little latency. Keeping the signal digital should minimise that.

You might also be able to use Bluetooth to send the audio signal from your computer to your WiiM. WiiM is also a Chromecast receiver so that might be an option too.

Lastly , (Firstly?) there are multiple volume settings in Windows. One of them might be set low. This website gives you a sense of things.

You might also be able to use Bluetooth to send the audio signal from your computer to your WiiM. WiiM is also a Chromecast receiver so that might be an option too.

Lastly , (Firstly?) there are multiple volume settings in Windows. One of them might be set low. This website gives you a sense of things.

Thank you. Regarding the volume settings, I have everything set to 50-100%, with the main set to 30%. Using Wiim Home just for the screenshots, normally use my phone or the remote. I am using a pair of Micca RB42 speakers, the wiim amp volume cannot go above 80% without risking high temps. The Sound BlasterX G6 has no additional volume or EQ tweaks applied.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 3
Your Sound BlasterX G6 has an optical output. You should be able to use this to send a digital signal to the WiiM amp. I am not 100% sure, but I think you'll need a mini Toslink to Toslink cable to connect the Sound Blaster to the WiiM.

Something like this I think.

Back