WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.622243 Update - Jul 5, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Amp update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.0.622243 (Latest)

Release date:
7 / 5 / 2024

What's New:

1. DLNA Behaviors Enhancement: Added support for loop and shuffle modes in DLNA playback.
  2. TIDAL Connect Enhancements: Fixed playback stops, loop and shuffle issues, and incorrect playing status. Correct metadata now displays in multi-room audio.
  3. Subwoofer Output Enhancement: Optimized mono output for enhanced subwoofer sound quality.
  4. HTTP API Update: Updated to provide browse and control Presets.

Bug Fixes:

1. Alarm Behavior for Spotify Connect: Fixed alarm not stopping automatically when duration ended.
  2. Pop Noise Reduction: Resolved occasional popping noises occurring at 16-bit/44.1 kHz or 16-bit/48 kHz.
  3. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

Last edited:
Please review the WiiM Amp update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.0.622243 (In Progress)

Release date:
7 / 5 / 2024

What's New:

1. DLNA Behaviors Enhancement: Added support for loop and shuffle modes in DLNA playback. Also, enables seamless DSD audio file playback via DLNA.
  2. TIDAL Connect Enhancements: Fixed playback stops, loop and shuffle issues, and incorrect playing status. Correct metadata now displays in multi-room audio.
  3. Subwoofer Output Enhancement: Optimized mono output for enhanced subwoofer sound quality.
  4. HTTP API Update: Updated to provide browse and control Presets.

Bug Fixes:

1. Alarm Behavior for Spotify Connect: Fixed alarm not stopping automatically when duration ended.
  2. Pop Noise Reduction: Resolved occasional popping noises occurring at 16-bit/44.1 kHz or 16-bit/48 kHz.
  3. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.
Still no left and right channel 10 band PEQ?

They were very quick to announce 22nd June as the release date for per channel PEQ when it didn't appear on 15th June but since then absolutely no news at all and no response to any questions about it.
I was waiting for left and right peq and wondering what’s the issue. Wiim should inform its user about what going on.

I can't help thinking that you guys are somewhat spoiled by how much WiiM has given you in so little time ... ;)
It depends on what is useful to you. Most of the recent changes have made no difference to me 😀. I wonder what the "Subwoofer Output Enhancement" is. That could potentially be useful but I don't know what has been improved.

It says “Optimized mono output for enhanced subwoofer sound quality”. All very subjective I guess but they believe they’ve done something to improved the sub’s output and personally I don’t need to know what they did as I probably wouldn’t understand it anyway…

(As a software developer) I don’t understand why the communicate estimated dates. It sets expectations and very likely results in disappointment. A roadmap helps to understand what’s coming up. In which planed year and quarter maybe, but not in a day granularity.

Received the update.

Feedback regarding Pop Noise issues:
- I can confirm that with Airplay, the Pop Noise seem fixed
- With Chromecast, I still hear very audible Pop Noise issues with 16-bit/44.1 kHz or 16-bit/48 kHz tracks (FLAC)

Hope the Pop Noise issues with Chromecast will also be fixed in a future version.
Thanks so much for making progress.

Received the update.

Feedback regarding Pop Noise issues:
- I can confirm that with Airplay, the Pop Noise seem fixed
- With Chromecast, I still hear very audible Pop Noise issues with 16-bit/44.1 kHz or 16-bit/48 kHz tracks (FLAC)

Hope the Pop Noise issues with Chromecast will also be fixed in a future version.
Thanks so much for making progress.
Hi Amiibo,

Thanks for the super helpful feedback. Our team will look at the pop noise on the Chromecast. Please stay tuned!

Back