WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.628359 Update - Sep 6, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Amp update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.0.628359 (In Progress)

Release date:
9 / 4 / 2024

What's New:

1. USB Indexing Enhancements:

- Resolve a file system issue that interrupted the USB scan process
- Improve the overall scan speed.
- Resolve an issue where artwork was not displaying.
2. Playback Improvements:
- Resolve issues with Amazon Music, including skipping during playback and inability to start playback.
- Correct metadata now displays when seeking frequently.
- Resolve an issue preventing Audible Books from playing through Alexa.
- Fix playback issues with certain M3U8 formats.
- Address occasional Bluetooth playback crashes.

Bug Fixes:
  1. Roon Ready Metadata: Fix an issue where playing Radio via Roon Ready did not display the correct metadata.
  2. DLNA Playback Enhancement: Correct an issue that caused tracks to be skipped during DLNA playback via Bubble UPnP.
  3. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Meanwhile I have the beta firmware for RC with independent channels and still can't try it because the accompanying app isn't available yet 🤦‍♂️

Got it today.. thanks 😊👌👌
Thanks Wiim for the wonderful support 👍👍👌

Last edited:
App, Parametric EQ, Choice for Left, Right or Stereo dissapears. A few days ago i received App version 2.11.5.24906. So iam not sure, if this is problem of last App or this Firmware.

Meanwhile I have the beta firmware for RC with independent channels and still can't try it because the accompanying app isn't available yet 🤦‍♂️
Would you prefer to have the app first, not being able to test it because the accompanying firmware wasn't available yet? 😜

Would you prefer to have the app first, not being able to test it because the accompanying firmware wasn't available yet? 😜
Six and two threes. It appears the app is available for some but they all complain that L/R PEQ has disappeared. Could that be related to the RC with L/R PEQ?

Before upgraded to 5.0.628359 version, DLNA(Synology) playback worked with "Wiim Home" app.
After upgrade, It does not work. Tracks are skipped. Bubble Upnp does not work either.
Can i downgrade to previouse firmware version?

Before upgraded to 5.0.628359 version, DLNA(Synology) playback worked with "Wiim Home" app.
After upgrade, It does not work. Tracks are skipped. Bubble Upnp does not work either.
If you ask WiiM they may accede to that, but you really should also submit a bug report by raising a ticket via the settings/feedback section in the app so they can inspect your log and hopefully provide a fix for all users.

Edit: you might perhaps try rebooting your router and power cycling the amp to see if that helps.

If you have issues with this update, please send a support ticket via the WiiM Home app, where it will be seen by the relevant team.

Back