WiiM Amp vs Tangent CD II

KP2CV

I have a Tangent CD II player which has optical input to a WiiM Amp, however, they seem not to speak to each other particularly well and there is a constant stop/start in the sound even though the CD keeps playing. This used not to be an issue earlier in the year and I was wondering if a firmware update might have caused this. I have tried using different CD players, which all work fine, and different amps, which also work fine. I have tried swapping new, out of the box, WiiM Amps and new, out of the box, Tangent CD II players but the problem persists. If I use the “line in” then I don’t have the issue, so it is isolated to the optical input of which five cables have been tried with the same result.

Submit a ticket to WiiM thru the settings/feedback section of the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your device logs for clues to the issue.

Are you saying that other CD players work fine into the WiiM Amp and it's just the Tangent CD II that fails?

@Brantome Feedback logged, thanks.
Yes it is just the Tangent CD II. Have tried with another WiiM Amp and same issue. Have tried with my WiiM Amp and another Tangent CD II and the same issue. Have tried all combinations and it points to the optical input from the Tangent to the WiiM: they just don’t seem to like each other.

I think it's a jitter problem!
Read the cons.
@RezNam Not so, it plays just fine through non WiiM amps. I understand what the review is saying and I was influenced by the price, but if it works on some amps there is obviously an incompatibility with the WiiM and I am sure most of the blame will be with Tangent.

Last edited:
I have had same issue with my Tangent CD11 . I've only had my WiiM Amp for a couple of months. The day I set it all up my Tangent CD was just cutting out during play back. However after I installed the software update a couple of hours later. The Tangent was fine and has been up to a couple of weeks ago. Now it's cutting out again a couple of times per track on every CD. Tangent plays fine through phono input.

I will not be popular for this, but my $20 DVD drive in my minicomputer makes bit perfect rips of CDs using Exact Audio Copy.

EAC can then go to any of several online databases to get the metadata. And save to FLAC or MP3.

No more jitter, no more worries about physical damage.

There’s an initial investment of time.

I have had same issue with my Tangent CD11 . I've only had my WiiM Amp for a couple of months. The day I set it all up my Tangent CD was just cutting out during play back. However after I installed the software update a couple of hours later. The Tangent was fine and has been up to a couple of weeks ago. Now it's cutting out again a couple of times per track on every CD. Tangent plays fine through phono input.
Snap!

Back