WiiM Amp with Edifier T5 Subwoofer?

I don't see any real measurements on the Monoprice site. But at least the spec clearly state the weakest point of this product:

View attachment 13130
There's a totally unnecessary and hardly bearable 12 dB boost at 45 Hz. My own measurements confirm that.

View attachment 13131
Admittedly, this is an in-room measurement with HP filtering and some GEQ applied by a Pioneer AVR, back then. No way to get rid of that big fourtysomething bass hump, which shows up in near-field measurements just the same.
Room correction can probably make that bearable.

These don't count?

Model 14567
Woofer Type 8" paper cone with rubber surround
Amplifier Power (RMS) 100 watts into 4 ohms @ 1% THD+N
Amplifier Power (Peak) 200 watts into 4 ohms @ 1% THD+N
Nominal Impedance 4 ohms
Frequency Response 40Hz ~ 1.3kHz
THD+N (@ 100 watts/4 ohms/100Hz) 0.5%
Signal‑to‑Noise Ratio > 96dB

These don't count?

Model 14567
Woofer Type 8" paper cone with rubber surround
Amplifier Power (RMS) 100 watts into 4 ohms @ 1% THD+N
Amplifier Power (Peak) 200 watts into 4 ohms @ 1% THD+N
Nominal Impedance 4 ohms
Frequency Response 40Hz ~ 1.3kHz
THD+N (@ 100 watts/4 ohms/100Hz) 0.5%
Signal‑to‑Noise Ratio > 96dB
They count as specs. They don't count as measurements, no.

So based on pictures and videos but no measurements on the Edifier, you have declared it superior to the Monoprice. Interesting approach to drawing a conclusion.

Last edited:
So based an pictures and videos but no measurements on the Edifier, you have declared it superior to the Monoprice. Interesting approach to drawing a conclusion.
Come on, let's not get personal on this. At least I do own one of the items in question and I did perform my own measurements. That doesn't put me in a worse position judging them than anyone else participating in this discussion, or does it?

I also have build hundreds of woofers and midrange speaker drivers with my very own hands when I was younger. And by that I mean that I assembled them from individual components like magnets, baskets, voice coils on their formers, spiders, cones, dust caps and so on. I cannot hear with my eyes but I recognise a well made woofer when I see it.

I am not looking to drag this into anything personal. You have explained your logic as to how you have drawn your conclusion. Works for me.

Last edited:
I just wanted to thank everyone here who has taken the time to assist me with my query. This was my first post here, and I've been humbled and overwhelmed with how supportive and informative the responders have been. I look forward to updating you all, and probably asking more silly questions, once all my equipment has arrived.

Back