WiiM Amp

Looks great - 2 wishes:
1. TPA3255 chip - any other cheap TI class d is poor - I have allot of these amps and when implemented well like the fosi audio v3 or the Aiyima a07 they both sound and measure well
2. Separate PEQ for the sub out and the left and right channels - with that in place this would provide excellent room correction

Depending on price / performance I can imagine huge demand for second room installations if this can take RAAT and Squeezelite.
Yeah, hopefully the new features we’re seeing/expecting will form the base of new products going forward. Would make sense, but no doubt we’ll get similar complaints like we did for the Pro Plus about why would we need an internal amp when most of us already plug our mini/ pro/ pro plus into existing external amps, second rooms aside 😜😂

Depending on price / performance I can imagine huge demand for second room installations if this can take RAAT and Squeezelite.
Question will be if your "huge" can be synchronized with WiiM's market research "huge" 😉

Similar in concept to the Echo Link Amp but should be massively more flexible.
The Echo Link Amp (c£290) can currently bought at 50% off (c£145)

Similar in concept to the Echo Link Amp but should be massively more flexible.
The Echo Link Amp (c£290) can currently bought at 50% off (c£145)
As a long time Alexa user, I never quite got the point of the Echo Link, particularly as it lacked the line in redistribution feature the USA had. In my search for Amazon Music HD support some time ago, I bought one but its digital output was limited to 24/48 and crucially for my early morning radio listening, it didn’t support the BBC radio skill so it went back. Also thought they’d bring out a gen 2 in the intervening years, but all they seem to be doing in halving the price is clearing old stock…

Hopefully all the wishes will come true. For the Squeezers, the Rooners, the Multi-Roomers, the Equalizers and last but not least the remaining satisfied rest.
I guess that the overwhelming majority of WiiM's owners are happy with what they get and will never touch this forum bubble, with (nearly) all of us having own priorities.
WiiM has found their niche: Affordable and cheaper than the rest. Creating a one and only sota streamer solution will get them to a price point where even a majority of the recent forum users will raise their eyebrows. "Uh, nobody told me!"
I bet that most of the purchasers from a WiiM came via Amazon. And all the stuff WiiM advices there they deliver already. Not every fantasy can be fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if it isn’t a mains inlet and someone plugs a mains current into it, then that would be quite a mistake ;)

Like the red/white L/R sockets, let’s blame the photoshop artist rather than the electronics engineer…
Sorry for the misleading power socket silkscreen. It should be AC power input with 100~240v. Thanks for pointing this out.

Pro Plus (and more)

If it's a Pro Plus with amp, why not? It's a streaming amp in that case so some might prefer ethernet connectivity to wifi
"I don't believe that there will be a streamer in it" followed by "So... why ethernet port?" was meant as a retort to the former.
i.e. if it wasn't a streamer too it wouldn't need an ethernet port.
Which is why I originally wrote "I'm hoping/expecting that there's effectively a pro+ inside", because of the ethernet port!

Confusion averted... ;)

So... why ethernet port?
Edit: I replied before I read Wiim's response "Pro Plus (and more)".
intriguing.
Like a Bluesound Powernode at probably at least half the price? Plus its looks and aluminium case are a step up that should please those who also but strangely think their hifi gear should look 'sexy' ... :rolleyes:

"I don't believe that there will be a streamer in it" followed by "So... why ethernet port?" was meant as a retort to the former.
i.e. if it wasn't a streamer too it wouldn't need an ethernet port.
Which is why I originally wrote "I'm hoping/expecting that there's effectively a pro+ inside", because of the ethernet port!

Confusion averted... ;)
No problem - these days I'm easily confused 😂

Yeah, hopefully the new features we’re seeing/expecting will form the base of new products going forward. Would make sense, but no doubt we’ll get similar complaints like we did for the Pro Plus about why would we need an internal amp when most of us already plug our mini/ pro/ pro plus into existing external amps, second rooms aside 😜😂
Second room... already got 6 systems in the house, but one of these could likely replace the 6th one (it's not very good!), or maybe I could have a 'garage off' with @Brava210.

Hi Mr Ee,

It's an all-in-one streaming amplifier device that combines the features of the WiiM Pro Plus (and more) with one of the industry's top amplifier chips. Thank you!
Can you give us an insight about the spec and the price? Is there a way to connect that to external dac? Thanks!

Not to mention the famous “are we there yet?” Lol

Like a Bluesound Powernode at probably at least half the price? Plus its looks and aluminium case are a step up that should please those who also but strangely think their hifi gear should look 'sexy' ... :rolleyes:
Hi Brantome,

"Like a Bluesound Powernode at probably at least half the price?" - While we haven't finalized our pricing yet, based on the current price of the Bluesound Powernode, we can confirm that our product won't be priced at half that amount. :)

Back