WiiM Amp

A bit ambiguous, but the smiley implies it'll be on the side we all want!
Or is that just wishful thinking?

To save everyone Googling a Bluesound Powernode is currently £599 in UK

Can someone please interpret for me?

Is the Wiim amp less than half the price of a powernode? More than?

In Germany the Powernode is ≈ 950 € everywhere. I can not imagine a significant lower price in the UK

Hi Wiimer,

If the current price of a Powernode is 950 €, it's less than half the price. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries.
I blame @Brantome for using the phrase "at least half the price", meaning the "wrong" side of halfway ;)
Edit: to be clear, and I think @Brantome already knows this, I'm just pulling his chain.

Last edited:
I will put $5 in my piggy bank every day from the day after tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: SiR
I'm also hoping that the hdmi input's delay will be less than half that of the bluesound!!

Last edited:
Price would be higher as inflation hasn’t been contained to return pre pandemic.

Wow, @WiiM Support you guys are on a roll! This is simply amazing, not just from the technical standpoint but price, keep up the good work!

Looking forward to a Wiim Amp X or Ultra that has dual individual sub-outs and maybe even Dirac Live Bass Control. This would instantly take over NAD which is selling overpriced products that are poorly supported.

Wow, @WiiM Support you guys are on a roll! This is simply amazing, not just from the technical standpoint but price, keep up the good work!

Looking forward to a Wiim Amp X or Ultra that has dual individual sub-outs and maybe even Dirac Live Bass Control. This would instantly take over NAD which is selling overpriced products that are poorly supported.
But NAD sells hifi and no toys.
And if one of the mainstream well regarded manufactures is known for reasonable priced no-nonsense products it is NAD. How many NAD components have you owned from the 80s till today?

Hi Smartplug, Team

We're excited to announce our upcoming product, the WiiM AMP! Scheduled for public release in Q4 this year, it's sure to impress. Here are some sneak-peek pictures to whet your appetite. Cheers!

View attachment 1930
View attachment 1931
I’m not interested in this device because i don’t need an amplifier. Anyway this is the look i would for next WiiM++. Knob apart. But aluminium case yes!!! ;)

Wiim should offer 2 product that cater both users. Wiim pro ultra with all the bell and whistles of connections including sub out with no dac and with dac. These will be end game for most users. I just want a digital streamer transport with all the bell and whistle of connection with room correction like Dirac. I’m willing to pay extra for Dirac license.

Back