WiiM compatible Wi-Fi speaker

RicoF

I would like a small speaker (preferably with a battery) for the kitchen or basement that I can play with WiiM.
Does something like that already exist?

Which WiiM device will you be using? Do you want to connect to the speaker by Bluetooth, ChromeCast, or AirPlay?

I have the WiiM Pro + connected to my amplifier in the living room.
The best thing would be a additional speaker with WiiM integration and controlled by an app, right?

Last edited:
What I mean is a speaker with a battery and a built-in WiiM DAC. Does that exist?

What I mean is a speaker with a battery and a built-in WiiM DAC. Does that exist?
No. I can see it being a useful addition for many but WiFi compatibility tends to be a battery killer. In the meantime the best you could do is use a powered WiiM Mini cabled into a small speaker of your choice.

Look at Audio Pro speakers. Some are recognized directly by Wiim devices (Audio Pro Multiroom - I think) and others use Chromecast and Blue Tooth. Some have batteries. I do not know all the details, but take a look.

The Audio Pro speakers are quite large and expensive.
Wouldn't a JBL Link 20 be right for playing multi-room with WiiM? Google Home is included...

There are Audio Pro speakers that are cheaper than the JBL 20. It may be a mute point since it seems many of the Audio Pro speakers and the JBL 20 are out of stock most places. The nice thing abut the Audio Pro speakers is that some of them are seen directly by Wiim as if they are Wiim devices, or so I understand.

The nice thing abut the Audio Pro speakers is that some of them are seen directly by Wiim as if they are Wiim devices, or so I understand.
That's how I imagine it, but I can't find one...

So it doesn't really work with Google Home?

That's how I imagine it, but I can't find one...

So it doesn't really work with Google Home?
I don't know a lot about these speakers. There was a discussion about them on the Wiim Facebook group. There a poster said they connect directly to a Wiim as a Wiim device. That is all I know. Sorry.

I would like a small speaker (preferably with a battery) for the kitchen or basement that I can play with WiiM.
Does something like that already exist?
I just bought a set of Aiyima S400 off AliExpress.
I'm using the WiiM Bluetooth out to transfer sound to them... When I find a 2nd hand WiiM Mini at the right price on eBay I'll use that on them.

I highly recommend the Aiyima S400 as secondary room/kitchen speakers..

I bought them because WiiM don't yet have the product you describe. Which I'd also like to see 🙂

Depending upon what you are trying to stream, one of Amazon's Echo speakers might work for you. There are third party battery bases that you could add to an Echo to make it portable.

Back