Wiim Headphones

joffy1780

Major Contributor
I would love to see Wiim produce a pair of wireless headphones, but with a wifi receiver as well as Bluetooth so you could use it directly with the Wiim home app. You could then also stream to them from other Wiim devices, thereby utilising their inputs to listen to the TV or turntable for example.
I was thinking something along the lines of a Sennheiser HD560s with wifi, powered by 1 or 2 CS43131s.
They could be tuned manually to your own taste with the PEQ or Wiim could offer preset tuning to potentially mimic various popular headphones or Harman curve for example.
This could replace my Wiim Sub idea ;) @WiiM Team @WiiM Support

I would love to see Wiim produce a pair of wireless headphones, but with a wifi receiver as well as Bluetooth so you could use it directly with the Wiim home app. You could then also stream to them from other Wiim devices, thereby utilising their inputs to listen to the TV or turntable for example.
I was thinking something along the lines of a Sennheiser HD560s with wifi, powered by 1 or 2 CS43131s.
They could be tuned manually to your own taste with the PEQ or Wiim could offer preset tuning to potentially mimic various popular headphones or Harman curve for example.
This could replace my Wiim Sub idea ;) @WiiM Team @WiiM Support
Not sure I would want to walk around with a WiFi receiver strapped to the side of my head 😁 if you wanted decent run time the battery may be a tad heavy as well .....

Not sure I would want to walk around with a WiFi receiver strapped to the side of my head 😁 if you wanted decent run time the battery may be a tad heavy as well .....
You can wear a tin foil hat under it 🤣

It could be a "WiiM mini Mobile" with a built-in headphone amplifier. It is a small receiver that allows you to wirelessly convert the wired headphones you already have.

In addition to traditional Wi-Fi, it supports LE Audio (LC3) connectivity with Ultra; it can also connect to powered speakers that do not have Bluetooth. 🙂

A really old one...so sorry for that 😉 Keeps jumping in my mind nearly every time mobile audio is theme.

IMG_3288.jpeg

Is it much different to a Bluetooth receiver strapped to the side of your head?

It could be a "WiiM mini Mobile" with a built-in headphone amplifier. It is a small receiver that allows you to wirelessly convert the wired headphones you already have.

In addition to traditional Wi-Fi, it supports LE Audio (LC3) connectivity with Ultra; it can also connect to powered speakers that do not have Bluetooth. 🙂
That would probably be better, to be honest.

That would probably be better, to be honest.
I think the WiiM headphone, which is 100g lighter and 50% less expensive than the Sonos Ace, would be a blast when it is released. It may require next generation batteries.

Ear cuff earbuds like the Bose Ultra Open Earbuds would also be interesting. 😁

Has anybody ever produced a pair if WiFi headphones? I think not.
All the headphones available these days seem to be Bluetooth. Admittedly Sennheiser do have some RF ones, but I'm not aware of any that use WiFi - there must be a reason.

The Amp is work in progress, the Ultra is scheduled. So a next hot shit has to be driven through the village...
I bet the wish is that such "WiFi headphone" has an integrated streamer. If no space for a screen the solution might be virtual reality glasses. 😂😂😂

IMG_3274.jpeg

All the headphones available these days seem to be Bluetooth. Admittedly Sennheiser do have some RF ones, but I'm not aware of any that use WiFi - there must be a reason.
Yes, probably a technical problem.

What I do know is the "HED UNITY headphones". Also, Sonos Ace seems to have Wi-Fi connectivity with Sonos Soundbar.

I haven't seen or heard of any, no. The reason is probably that no-one as cool as me has thought of the idea yet.....or possibly weight/size constraints.
Someone has to be the first to bring WiFi headphones out, wouldn't it be great if it were Wiim?

I haven't seen or heard of any, no. The reason is probably that no-one as cool as me has thought of the idea yet.....or possibly weight/size constraints.
Someone has to be the first to bring WiFi headphones out, wouldn't it be great if it were Wiim?
Or more likely that because they would be effectivley tethered to your home WiFi there isn't perceived to be much of a market.

The Amp is work in progress, the Ultra is scheduled. So a next hot shit has to be driven through the village...
I bet the wish is that such "WiFi headphone" has an integrated streamer. If no space for a screen the solution might be virtual reality glasses. 😂😂😂

View attachment 7547
'hot shit through the village'.... interesting expression :LOL:

What is the issue with putting ideas out there, anyway, this is a forum after all?

Or more likely that because they would be effectivley tethered to your home WiFi there isn't perceived to be much of a market.
They could be easily linked to your phone as well, using your phone as a hotspot.

Non-Bluetooth wireless audio transmission using the 2.4Ghz band has been available for some time from Avantree

Back