WiiM Mini: Error updating Firmware

Spirou

I bought the WiiM Mini a week ago. The firmware version I have right now is 4.6.507043. When I try to update to the latest version 4.6.518747 via WiiM Home I get an error message. I've tried over and over again and I can't.

Attachments

• IMG_5380.PNG
    IMG_5380.PNG
    413.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5382.PNG
    IMG_5382.PNG
    288.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5383.PNG
    IMG_5383.PNG
    347 KB · Views: 7
Try rebooting your router and then your WiiM device. If that doesn’t help, try a factory reset of the WiiM. If you still have an issue, submit a ticket thru the feedback section of the Wiim Home app.

Hi @Spirou Did you end up fixing your issue? I have the same problem.
Troubleshooting steps I've taken:
  • Tried running the update using the WIIM app from multiple phones
  • Rebooting several times
  • Factory reset several times
  • Left the WIIM mini connected overnight to allow for automatic updates
Nothing seems to work and the base firmware (4.6.507043) is very buggy.

Hi @Spirou Did you end up fixing your issue? I have the same problem.
Troubleshooting steps I've taken:
  • Tried running the update using the WIIM app from multiple phones
  • Rebooting several times
  • Factory reset several times
  • Left the WIIM mini connected overnight to allow for automatic updates
Nothing seems to work and the base firmware (4.6.507043) is very buggy.
Please raise a ticket to WiiM if you haven’t already done so. That sounds like a pretty old firmware version.

Hi All,
Any news about this issue?
I have the same problem. My current firmware is 4.6.509552 and i'm trying to upgrade to 4.6.536231.
I have tried all the suggestions provided by @Brantome but with no luck.

Thanks,
cheers from Italy

Last edited:
I'm having this same problem. I just raised support ticket yesterday. I bought my Mini in June and have been alternating between ignoring the problem and trying repeatedly to update the firmware (to no avail.) I'm on 4.6.515159 vs the current 4.6.536231. I've tried via different ISPs (tried with a hotspot in addition to my home service) and with and without the "preferred DNS" option, with several factory resets as well. The result is always the same: the app tells me that there's a firmware update available, but when I tell it to update, it says it's downloading for a second or two, then the "activity" animation goes away, and then a few seconds later it says it failed.

I'm having this same problem. I just raised support ticket yesterday. I bought my Mini in June and have been alternating between ignoring the problem and trying repeatedly to update the firmware (to no avail.) I'm on 4.6.515159 vs the current 4.6.536231. I've tried via different ISPs (tried with a hotspot in addition to my home service) and with and without the "preferred DNS" option, with several factory resets as well. The result is always the same: the app tells me that there's a firmware update available, but when I tell it to update, it says it's downloading for a second or two, then the "activity" animation goes away, and then a few seconds later it says it failed.
Do you have a ticket number I could try and escalate to WiiM on your behalf?

@Brantome When I created my support ticket, it was through the website and I included detailed info about steps I'd taken and results. Their response was to ask me to "submit a ticket from within the app" which I've done, but looking at that under "check ticket status" it doesn't appear to include any extra information (log files, etc.) Is it providing them with that in the background somehow? Is there some setting I have to change to get them more info?

@Brantome When I created my support ticket, it was through the website and I included detailed info about steps I'd taken and results. Their response was to ask me to "submit a ticket from within the app" which I've done, but looking at that under "check ticket status" it doesn't appear to include any extra information (log files, etc.) Is it providing them with that in the background somehow? Is there some setting I have to change to get them more info?
You’ll not see log files there, but when you use the feedback route in the app, it sends your logs. I’ve DM’d WiiM support so hopefully they’ll progress these tickets

You’ll not see log files there, but when you use the feedback route in the app, it sends your logs. I’ve DM’d WiiM support so hopefully they’ll progress these tickets
WiiM Support has said that the logs indicate a defect with my Mini. They asked for my order info and shipping address and said they're replacing it, which should be a satisfactory outcome as long as the new one works properly.

@Brantome I also recently purchased a WiiM Mini and my firmware update keeps throwing an error. I'm stuck on firmware version 4.6.515159 and I haven’t been able to update to 4.6.537050. Can you escalate my ticket? #494384 WiiM Mini Firmware Not Updating. Thx!!
IMG_5087.png

I personally had the same problem with the firmware update. I started up my WiiM Mini for the first time today, and while it did offer me the option to install new firmware during the initial setup, the attempt to update repeatedly ended with the same error message. I then updated the WiiM Home app on my phone (which I used to do the initial setup of the WiiM Mini), and after updating it to the latest version, the attempt to update the firmware on the WiiM Mini was already successful and without any problems. Hopefully someone will find my experience with firmware update problems helpful...

I personally had the same problem with the firmware update. I started up my WiiM Mini for the first time today, and while it did offer me the option to install new firmware during the initial setup, the attempt to update repeatedly ended with the same error message. I then updated the WiiM Home app on my phone (which I used to do the initial setup of the WiiM Mini), and after updating it to the latest version, the attempt to update the firmware on the WiiM Mini was already successful and without any problems. Hopefully someone will find my experience with firmware update problems helpful...
Try restart your mini as well as your router. If things fail, send message on wiim app so they can look at your log.

Back