WiiM Mini Firmware v4.6.625648 Update - Aug 8, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Mini update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

4.6.625648(Latest)

Release date:

8 / 8 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Media Player Optimization:
    • Fixed issues with certain m3u8/HLS format audio.
    • Resolved the issue preventing Sirius XM playback via Alexa.
  2. Stabilized Wi-Fi Connection: Updated the Wi-Fi driver to enhance connection stability.
Bug Fixes:
  1. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Spotify Connect and TIDAL Connect.
  2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Last edited:
No mention of SMB functionality unfortunately. The update is not available yet for my Mini, so I cannot test it.

@WiiM Team - any update on this?

No mention of SMB functionality unfortunately. The update is not available yet for my Mini, so I cannot test it.

@WiiM Team - any update on this?

Maybe it's time to consider upgrading to Wiim Pro / Pro Plus ... the Mini has really limited hardware resources and implementing more complex features is almost impossible anymore.

Maybe it's time to consider upgrading to Wiim Pro / Pro Plus ... the Mini has really limited hardware resources and implementing more complex features is almost impossible anymore.
You'd be better off spending the money on something to serve your music, as SMB browsing is INCREDIBLY rudimentary.

I bought the mini just recently. I already owned 2 Pro's, 1 Pro Plus and the Wiim amp (and now also the ultra). The mini is used with powered speakers in the garden.

You'd be better off spending the money on something to serve your music, as SMB browsing is INCREDIBLY rudimentary.
For my purpose SMB works great. It is even working on the mini when you link the mini to a Pro, Pro Plus, amp or ultra. But it would be nice if that was not needed.

I bought the mini just recently. I already owned 2 Pro's, 1 Pro Plus and the Wiim amp (and now also the ultra). The mini is used with powered speakers in the garden.
In that case can't you use the indexing provided by the Amp/Ultra, accessible via Home Music Share on the Mini?

Last edited:
Back