WiiM Pro Firmware v4.8.622165 Update - Jul 4, 2024

Hi Team,

Thank you for your enthusiasm about our upcoming features. While we are excited to share some tentative dates, please understand these are best estimates and not commitments, due to the unpredictable nature of software development. Our team may need to allocate resources to fix existing bugs, which could affect timelines. Additionally, we might conduct extra beta tests to gather more feedback before a public release. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to improve our product.

The screenshot was from Asset, which I have a license for, but I use MinimServer.

Last year Asset introduced the ability to format tags which I make extensive use of in MinimServer, so now there's not a lot that separates them, except in your use case as MinimServer doesn't have the "Jukebox" (random album) functionality.

Whilst I don't have a tablet I have seen BubbleUPnP on one and it's the same as it is on a phone, so it can look a little sparse especially when browsing indexes. That was on a 10" so 8" might be the sweet spot.

The following screenshots are of BubbleUPnP in landscape mode on a phone, so look a little odd, but will hopefully give you some idea of what it will look like.

Thanks for the screen shots. It’s helpful. Now, depending on what Wiim is planning for DLNA, I might go ahead and pull the trigger on a Lenovo Tab M8 4th gen and BubbleUPnP. I think the 8” size will probably be the best for my use.

I have been using Asset for a number of years, but last year, when I reevaluated my “music infrastructure” in light of my first experimental Wiim Pro purchase (which led to buying five more!) I tested the market again. Looked at minimserver and LMS (among others), including the stock DLNA app for the Synology NAS and, once again, decided Asset was best for my purposes.

I re-ripped my ~1500 CDs to FLAC, as I had originally ripped them 20 years ago to MP3 because that’s what the AUDIOTRON could play. Bought a new Synology NAS, made three backup copies of my ripped CD music…and sold all the CDs and my CD player! End of an era…and more storage space for other stuff!

Hi Team,

Thank you for your enthusiasm about our upcoming features. While we are excited to share some tentative dates, please understand these are best estimates and not commitments, due to the unpredictable nature of software development. Our team may need to allocate resources to fix existing bugs, which could affect timelines. Additionally, we might conduct extra beta tests to gather more feedback before a public release. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to improve our product.
If you want someone to test the upcoming DLNA enhancement “Shuffle by Album,” I’m your man! 😜😜😜

Thanks for the screen shots. It’s helpful. Now, depending on what Wiim is planning for DLNA, I might go ahead and pull the trigger on a Lenovo Tab M8 4th gen and BubbleUPnP. I think the 8” size will probably be the best for my use.

I have been using Asset for a number of years, but last year, when I reevaluated my “music infrastructure” in light of my first experimental Wiim Pro purchase (which led to buying five more!) I tested the market again. Looked at minimserver and LMS (among others), including the stock DLNA app for the Synology NAS and, once again, decided Asset was best for my purposes.

I re-ripped my ~1500 CDs to FLAC, as I had originally ripped them 20 years ago to MP3 because that’s what the AUDIOTRON could play. Bought a new Synology NAS, made three backup copies of my ripped CD music…and sold all the CDs and my CD player! End of an era…and more storage space for other stuff!
I am not sure you can rip all your CDs then legally sell them.

The weird thing, at least in German law: Of course you can own a CD, rip it for your personal private (!) usage and after that sell the CD. Not allowed is to sell the copy. Don't ask me why, it is how it is. But I can not imagine even a German judge who will take any action 😉 No idea how it is handled in other countries.
I am not even sure if ripping CDs is legal at all in the UK. Remember "Home Taping Is Killing Music" 🤣

Hi Team,

Yes. Those who’ve never been remotely involved in product development have no clue. “It’s a simple change!” lol.

Yes. Those who’ve never been remotely involved in product development have no clue. “It’s a simple change!” lol.
Those who have been involved would never say it'll be ready next week unless they were in Sales & Marketing 🤣

If there's anything else you'd like confirmed just let me know.
Actually, I know nothing about Lenovo tablets, Android or BubbleUPnP.

The Lenovo Tab M8 4th Gen says it runs Android Go Edition, which is apparently a stripped down version of android.

Will BubbleUPnP run on that?

Unfortunately, far too many of us HAVE been involved in Software Development (not just Product Development). And that involvement (deep or shallow) often leads to too much confidence in "all that it takes" proclamations.

We’ll just let sleeping dogs lie.
By posting the details on the internet?

We're way off topic now but I shake my head when I see similar copyright liberties such as this like buying a 4K/BD bundle of a movie and then on-selling the BD disc, or buying a cheaper academic license for an application when not entitled. You are in effect pirating the product so why not just do that?

We've moved passed this now for most digital media with the only widely available option in most cases being a subscription.

Last edited:
Actually, I know nothing about Lenovo tablets, Android or BubbleUPnP.

The Lenovo Tab M8 4th Gen says it runs Android Go Edition, which is apparently a stripped down version of android.

Will BubbleUPnP run on that?
I don't know much about Android tablets, and even less at this price point.
If I wanted something in this price range I'd look at the Fire HD 8 Plus. Yes it's Amazon, but at least it'll get updates till 2028.

Does anyone have any experience of a cheap Android tablet for use with BubbleUPnP?

Last edited:
Circling back on this a few weeks later.

Many thanks to @simbun here, and also over at the Asset UPnP forum. Because of his advice and help, I’m enjoying my music again…not fighting with the technology.

I bought a Lenovo Tab M8 (4th Gen), and then installed BubbleUPnP on it. With a little advice from @simbun i figured out how to do what I wanted to do.

Them, I discovered something I never knew about tagging—specifically the “Style” tag. That has allowed me to create subcategories of my classical music so I can just select symphonies, or tone poems, or instrumental pieces.

I am finally able to do BETTER than I was able to do with my 20-year-old Audiotron.

i am still on 3428? when i check updates it says it is up to date...?

Back