wiim pro intermittent audio distorsion from aux input

michou

Below is more or less the text of ticket #503449 mailed over a month ago, acknowledged but never answered by WIIM support:

My TV analog audio is connected to aux in and worked fine for a few months. Now, after a few hours, between 3 to 6 hours of operation, it sounds strongly distorted and only a reboot will fix the issue but only for a short time. This issue repeats itself almost daily and the reboot procedure has become a routine. Please advise ASAP.
Thank you

Below is more or less the text of ticket #503449 mailed over a month ago, acknowledged but never answered by WIIM support:

My TV analog audio is connected to aux in and worked fine for a few months. Now, after a few hours, between 3 to 6 hours of operation, it sounds strongly distorted and only a reboot will fix the issue but only for a short time. This issue repeats itself almost daily and the reboot procedure has become a routine. Please advise ASAP.
Thank you

I don't know if this will help you, but I suggest some troubleshooting. Please try them in order as you test them.
  1. Turn up the volume on the amp and turn down the volume on the WiiM and TV (or vice versa, etc.)
  2. Try other aux cables
  3. Reboot all devices (leave TV unplugged from power cable for a few hours)
  4. Factory reset the WiiM
Also try an optical cable connection if you can use the TV's optical output.

Thank you
Hi michou,

Please send us a feedback ticket, and I'll escalate it with our team. If we can't fix it, we'll send you a replacement unit. Thanks!

Back