Wiim Pro outputs 192khz for every song to Dac

Lynxie

Hello, recently got a new DAC, the Holo Audio Spring 2, and every sound coming out of the Wiim pro says it's 24 bit/192khz. Even when songs were 128kbps MP3s. Doesnt matter if the EQ is on or off, nor set volume. My previous DAC said everything played that wasn't from Roon was 44.1khz so sorta the same issue. Any way that can be fixed? I'm using optical, thanks!

Hello, recently got a new DAC, the Holo Audio Spring 2, and every sound coming out of the Wiim pro says it's 24 bit/192khz. Even when songs were 128kbps MP3s. Doesnt matter if the EQ is on or off, nor set volume. My previous DAC said everything played that wasn't from Roon was 44.1khz so sorta the same issue. Any way that can be fixed? I'm using optical, thanks!
Under audio settings/ spdif, check you haven’t got fixed resolution toggled on.

Under audio settings/ spdif, check you haven’t got fixed resolution toggled on.
Seems to be a new nonsense feature. Very annoying. It also gets turned on by itself. Just like the new room correction feature that is always turned on again and once you turn it off, EQ is off too. They really have to stop that nonsense and test their software before they publish it. Every new update seems to bring more bugs.

Hi Lynxie,

Can you please submit a ticket so we can check it for you? Thank you for your assistance.

Seems to be a new nonsense feature. Very annoying. It also gets turned on by itself. Just like the new room correction feature that is always turned on again and once you turn it off, EQ is off too. They really have to stop that nonsense and test their software before they publish it. Every new update seems to bring more bugs.
Hi MrSoul4470,

Can you please send us a ticket if you have a problem with your EQ setting?

Seems to be a new nonsense feature. Very annoying
It's not really that new a feature and it has a very well defined use case: If the external DAC takes very long switching between different resolutions and/or if it's causing pop or click noises, you can mitigate this by having the WiiM Pro Plus upsample (or downsample) everything to one fixed resolution.

If you don't have that problem, switch fixed resolution off to keep but perfect playback.

If that doesn't work as expected, send a ticket through the WiiM Home App. :)

It's not really that new a feature and it has a very well defined use case: If the external DAC takes very long switching between different resolutions and/or if it's causing pop or click noises, you can mitigate this by having the WiiM Pro Plus upsample (or downsample) everything to one fixed resolution.

If you don't have that problem, switch fixed resolution off to keep but perfect playback.

If that doesn't work as expected, send a ticket through the WiiM Home App. :)
Unfortunately I have to send a lot of tickets recently. I'd really prefer they don't bring new features all the time.

I've already submitted a ticket. The room correction on/off switch influences also the EQ on/off switch. Room correction is always turned on again. No matter how often I turn it off.
I don't understand your problem. RC works via the EQ. If you use your own manually created EQ setting, it is also a type of RC. So you don't need to worry about the RC switch activating together with the EQ. You have no disadvantages to fear.

I don't understand your problem. RC works via the EQ. If you use your own manually created EQ setting, it is also a type of RC. So you don't need to worry about the RC switch activating together with the EQ. You have no disadvantages to fear.
If they depend on each other then they should be in the same sub menu and not two separate sub menus. This is very strange behavior and at least horrible non-logic software design. There is no hint whatsoever that turning off room correction also turns off EQ.

That may be. Is it logical? Hell, no.
What would you expect the RC on/switch to do in the first place, when so far the process just generates one PEQ preset amongst others to chose from?

Honestly, I have no idea.

I do think that it should be possible to enable other EQ profiles on top of RC. As long as this is not the case I see no use for the switch. But I also don't mind it's there. Not enough to complain about it.

Back