Wiim pro plus boot after the output pops up

Turho76

Dear Wiim and team!
I noticed a phenomenon where if I start the Pro Plus with the output stage turned on, after the boot time (approx. 40 sec.) it emits a big pop on the analog output. A short pulse. It's the same if I turn it on at the same time as the amplifier. (I use it this way, with a switch distributor, I don't leave it under power...) My question is, has anyone else experienced this? Also, is this a problem or an operational feature? It would be great if you would shut up at this time, it wouldn't be such a push. By the way, I use the latest fw and application. Thank you for the answers, greetings Zoli, Hungary

Dear Wiim and team!
I noticed a phenomenon where if I start the Pro Plus with the output stage turned on, after the boot time (approx. 40 sec.) it emits a big pop on the analog output. A short pulse. It's the same if I turn it on at the same time as the amplifier. (I use it this way, with a switch distributor, I don't leave it under power...) My question is, has anyone else experienced this? Also, is this a problem or an operational feature? It would be great if you would shut up at this time, it wouldn't be such a push. By the way, I use the latest fw and application. Thank you for the answers, greetings Zoli, Hungary
You didn't mention that you changed the Op Amp. You don't know if the pop was there before that

You didn't mention that you changed the Op Amp. You don't know if the pop was there before that
That's right, opa1611 replaced 5534. I really didn't notice it before, so I would ALSO be interested in whether others have this phenomenon or not. Technically, the opa1611 is a perfect replacement for the 5543, but its quality is better. So my original question remains...

That's right, opa1611 replaced 5534. I really didn't notice it before, so I would ALSO be interested in whether others have this phenomenon or not. Technically, the opa1611 is a perfect replacement for the 5543, but its quality is better. So my original question remains...
The WiiM amp has an annoying "ding" sound at the end of the boot time. Presumably this pop doesn't sound like that.

A WiiM erősítőnek bosszantó "ding" hangja van a rendszerindítási idő végén. Valószínűleg ez a pop nem így hangzik.
Nem, nekem ez egy pattogó, kattogó pukkanó hang, egy pillanatra nyomja a hangszórókat. Az erősítőm nagy nyereségen van, a hangerőt a Pro Plus-szal szabályozom. Remélem, valaki meg tudja mondani, hogy tapasztalt-e hasonló jelenséget a saját Pro Plus-jával.

I’d expect most people leave their WiiM Pro/Plus turned on as it consumes very little in standby, so not many will have experienced what you are. Also, WiiM are unlikely to respond here or to a ticket as you have changed the hardware - who knows whether the firmware can’t accommodate such a change without impact?

I’d expect most people leave their WiiM Pro/Plus turned on as it consumes very little in standby, so not many will have experienced what you are. Also, WiiM are unlikely to respond here or to a ticket as you have changed the hardware - who knows whether the firmware can’t accommodate such a change without impact?

Hi! It's just a brand-name, 100 percent compatible op amp. Not relevant... It doesn't affect anything. However, I would really appreciate it if someone could answer my question about whether there is a pop sound after boot or not. I need this information. Thank you :)

I will check with my factory identical WiiM Pro Plus tomorrow and report back.

I will check with my factory identical WiiM Pro Plus tomorrow and report back.
Thanks. It only does it after boot, and you can only hear it if you listen with the amplifier turned on, with the volume turned up a bit.

Thanks. It only does it after boot, and you can only hear it if you listen with the amplifier turned on, with the volume turned up a bit.
I turned the amp to max and booted the Pro Plus. I hear a (low volume) pop. But only if listen carefully in a quite environment.

Back