WiiM Pro Plus coax out not recognized by Schiit Yggdrasil+ OG DAC

EGrunt

When connecting the WiiM Pro Plus via coax out to my Schiit Yggdrasil + OG DAC, my DAC does not recognize the WiiM Pro Plus. If I use the SPDIF out on the WiiM Pro Plus and connect it to my DAC everything works as advertised. When I first connected the WiiM Pro Plus to my DAC in January of this year via the Coax Out to my DAC everything worked. In February of this year, I started using a Mac Mini connected via USB for streaming but I wanted to use the Wiim Pro Plus again and noticed the issue of no connection via the coax output to my DAC on October 4th.

Trouble shooting steps I have taken:

Cycled the power of the WiiM Pro Plus and my DAC. The problem was still present.

Used several other known good coax cables with WiiM and the problem of no connection was still present.

Connected 2 CD players with coax outputs to my DAC and the DAC accepted the connection and played music. The coax input on my DAC is working with these two CD players.

There is a light on the front panel of my DAC that started blinking when the WiiM Pro Plus was connected via coax to my DAC, which represents a low-quality source when clock regeneration must loosen its algorithm due to poor source, it states to check the source and cables.

I connected the WiiM Pro Plus via coax output to another Schiit Bifrost 2/64 DAC and it worked and played music.

Connecting the WiiM Pro Plus via SPDIF output to my Yggdrasil DAC works great and plays music.

I have contacted Schiit Audio and WiiM and I am waiting for an email return to this problem since the Wiim Pro Plus works with their Bifrost 2/64 DAC but no longer works with Schiit Yggdrasil+ OG DAC which is Schiit's flagship DAC. I am a member on head-fi.org and there is another member who is having the same problem with his Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, he has bought another (new) WiiM Pro and he has the same problems I am experiencing.

Back