WiiM Pro Plus coax output issues.

Alph

I just received my WiiM Pro Plus (WPP) a week ago. Set-up was easy and straight forward. I connected the coax digital output into my Classé CP-800 preamp using Transparent Reference Digital RCA cable that fits snug in the WPP RCA port. I use Airplay 2 to stream movies audio from my Apple TV 4K (3rd gen) to my WPP. All worked fine until yesterday (Oct. 20) when no sound came out anymore. Troubleshooting the WPP had me scratched my head. I even reset my WPP to the original factory settings and set it up again: no success whatsoever with the coax output. Fortunately I can use the Toslink optical output and feed the music into my preamp. This works fine. However I read somewhere that optical port can be subject to drop outs as well. Wait and see...

I have not the RCA analog cable provided by WiiM as several members mentioned this works. Very strange.

I just received my WiiM Pro Plus (WPP) a week ago. Set-up was easy and straight forward. I connected the coax digital output into my Classé CP-800 preamp using Transparent Reference Digital RCA cable that fits snug in the WPP RCA port. I use Airplay 2 to stream movies audio from my Apple TV 4K (3rd gen) to my WPP. All worked fine until yesterday (Oct. 20) when no sound came out anymore. Troubleshooting the WPP had me scratched my head. I even reset my WPP to the original factory settings and set it up again: no success whatsoever with the coax output. Fortunately I can use the Toslink optical output and feed the music into my preamp. This works fine. However I read somewhere that optical port can be subject to drop outs as well. Wait and see...

I have not the RCA analog cable provided by WiiM as several members mentioned this works. Very strange.
Have you found any problems with the coaxial cable and cable connections?

Are there any other devices that can be connected to the coaxial inputs of the preamplifier?

Back