WiiM Pro Plus

I am not sure whether it's because of my lack of technical background, but the measurements don't seem to address many of the sound qualities that audiophiles frequently mention eg. spaciousness, depth, 3D, organic etc. I suppose if ASR explains more clearly how each measurement is related to sound quality that we actually hear, then maybe I am able to connect to it more.

Hmm I'm certainly wading into some treacherous waters here but...

This is because such "audiophile" terminology commonly has no objective definition. Anecdotally in this hobby I've found such subjective ambiguity is sadly instead actively cultivated by many. This eases the milking of the oil from the snake for those whose pockets are lined by such activities. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel similar when reading all these audiophile phrases like spaciousness, depth, 3D, organic, micro dynamics, etc. Words without a meaning.
But I think you will agree that it sounds more poetic than SINAD, frequency response, THD & N, level and so on. 😂😂😂

Soundstage depth is the perception of the relative distance between Singers and instruments. If all people perceive this it should be a valid sense . Therefore probably there are some measurements that correlate with this .

Last edited:
Soundstage depth is the perception of the relative distance between Singers and instruments. If all people perceive this it should be a valid sense . Therefore probably there are some measurements that correlate with this .

Similar to Dolby systems, depth perception is achieved by altering the phase relationships.
And there is a paradox here, because an absolutely perfect stereophonic reproduction will not provide any perception of depth, because such information is not contained in the original track.

My five cents,
Try if possible, to move your loudspeakers around your listening sweet spot, with or without toe in and you'll find diferent sound responses. The integration with your listening space is, in my opinion and experience, one of the most important and neglected factor for a good audio experience. Of course not everyone can move around the loudspeakers, that's why is prefered to have a dedicated room.

Similar to Dolby systems, depth perception is achieved by altering the phase relationships.
And there is a paradox here, because an absolutely perfect stereophonic reproduction will not provide any perception of depth, because such information is not contained in the original track.
Yes it is recording dependent but still if I hear a recording with spatial information such as “yosi horikawa - bubbles” track I will definitely hear the space in a hi fi but not in my cellphone or typical headphones.

Hi all,

Just to update the US Amazon listing for WiiM Pro Plus will be live on Tue 8/8. We'll link the URL when it's live. Thanks for your support and interest in this new product as we gear up for the launch of it.

Hi all,

Just to update the US Amazon listing for WiiM Pro Plus will be live on Tue 8/8. We'll link the URL when it's live. Thanks for your support and interest in this new product as we gear up for the launch of
Concurrently Amazon Canada?

My five cents,
Try if possible, to move your loudspeakers around your listening sweet spot, with or without toe in and you'll find diferent sound responses. The integration with your listening space is, in my opinion and experience, one of the most important and neglected factor for a good audio experience. Of course not everyone can move around the loudspeakers, that's why is prefered to have a dedicated room.
And, but I am sure not many will take it serious, get rid of this hi-res fetish. Most of the existing stereo is already overchallenged with the Redbook 😇

And, but I am sure not many will take it serious, get rid of this hi-res fetish. Most of the existing stereo is already overchallenged with the Redbook 😇
Sure. Good "hardware" is important but i have friends that spend a fortune on cables and gadgets to improve their sound and don't give much importance to the room integration and loudspeak placement. In my opinion these are paramount for the final result.

Fully agreed! You can not save crab with "better" cables f.e.
All this snake oil should be history, but I fear it isn't. Each one can spend his money for what he or she want it. My cables are sometimes also relatively expensive. But I am such a fool and do it for build quality, optics and haptics. And for the feeling that good quality will not make sound worser.
But here I've read so much bluster about hi-res from people who never listened to decent CD players or turntables. And more than once I had to learn that they insist on "high resolution" and do not want to stream cd quality only. And sometimes all that ended in a smart loudsspeaker. Crazy world 😉

My biggest enemy is the square wall. No matter where you place the speaker, you will not be able to escape the reflection.
Controlling reflections is more difficult than i might think.

Always refused any kind of digital room processing. But in our old living room with tricky construction build like a square angle we let us convince by our dealer of trust that a lot can be done. So one day an acoustic with all his fancy stuff made some adjustments, some suggestions for traps and with DSP and Muse he managed that my wife and I were happier with the situation than before.
The new rooms we can plan from the beginning and my cave will be done as I want. So, lets wait and see but we hope that we can do without any DSP or whatsoever.

Some years ago, some manufacters like Lingdorf created digital amplifiers + DSP room correction. A friend of mine had major problems with his room so he went to this solution. I personally didn't like this solution very much, but in fact solved a lot of reflection and ressonance problems he had. Just to say that DSP is a way to solve this kind of problems but a good room treatment is preferable.

Hi all,

Just to update the US Amazon listing for WiiM Pro Plus will be live on Tue 8/8. We'll link the URL when it's live. Thanks for your support and interest in this new product as we gear up for the launch of it.
Amazon Germany when please?

Back