WiiM Pro Plus

Let's hope it arrives on Amazon here in Italy in a reasonable time

Audiophonics listed price: 250 euros

The WiiM Pro+ is a compact, extremely versatile and high-performance audiophile streamer that transforms a conventional audio system into a connected system. It opens the door to music streaming via WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0, and is compatible with numerous transmission modes such as DLNA/UPnP, AirPlay 2, Google Chromecast, Alexa Music Cast, Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect. Several units can also be used in combination to set up a true multi-room system, with full remote control via the WiiM App mobile application or a voice assistant such as Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri.
The WiiM Pro+ is an improved version of the WiiM Pro, incorporating a better DAC and ADC as well as more efficient OPAs. Its performance, particularly with regard to its line input and output, has been revised upwards, with improved SNR and THD+N for even more accurate and transparent sound reproduction. The main improvements to the WiiM Pro+ are :
  • A better ADC for line input: WiiM Pro+ uses a TI Burr-Brown PCM1861 ADC, supporting 32bit 192kHz PCM streams at output, with an SNR of 110dB.
  • Ultra-low-noise clock, power supply and circuitry: The WiiM Pro+ features an ultra-low-noise clock and power supply and a PCB design optimised to achieve a THD+N of less than -110dB for the analogue output.
  • AKM DAC and TI OPAs for improved line output quality: A new-generation AKM AK4493SEQ DAC is now used to achieve a very low level of distortion and a wide dynamic range thanks to AKM Velvet Sound technology. This chip supports PCM streams up to 768kHz and DSD up to DSD512 while achieving an SNR of 120dB (A-wt) and a THD+N of -110dB.
  • Remote control: A voice remote control is now included, allowing you to control the WiiM Pro+ from the comfort of your sofa, without having to take out your phone.
If this is how the PRO + is to be, then it is bit disappointing for the PRO users like me.

As a PRO user, though there is a good DAC in, it could be better to have a coaxial input too, with a Volume control

Hope WiiM Team considers it

Wait a few days till WiiM list it on their Amazon store and see what the price is there - you can’t really take a third party site as a definitive yardstick. And straight currency conversions are seldom accurate when it comes to USA v UK/EU pricing especially on Amazon.

Please do not be too angry with me...but if a price difference in the range of ≈ 20 € or $ or £ is a decision maker I would look at other things in my life before I look at a streaming device. Hope it reads as harsh as it is meant.

I don’t think that’s saying anything different from what has already been discussed here in the forum
U r right Brantome, but it was my expectation and believed that the PRO + that for sale would be improvised than the pre production beta unit

U r right Brantome, but it was my expectation and believed that the PRO + that for sale would be improvised than the pre production beta unit
Ok :) I‘ve just always read what has been said as the Pro+ having an improved DAC and analogue circuitry, nothing more. Ok it also has more space around the coax socket and is gloss black, but those are relatively minor if not cosmetic changes. I think we’ll have to wait for the other two(?) models that have been talked about for later in the year to see if they have taken on board other suggestions. Cheers

Please do not be too angry with me...but if a price difference in the range of ≈ 20 € or $ or £ is a decision maker I would look at other things in my life before I look at a streaming device. Hope it reads as harsh as it is meant.
Yeah. Even at those prices, it’s still cheaper than had you bought a Pro and a budget DAC, cables etc. And still much cheaper than devices that might be seen as its competitors.

I’m sure you must have one of your mother’s sayings to cover this - away and bile yer heid springs to mind 😂

Yeah. Even at those prices, it’s still cheaper than had you bought a Pro and a budget DAC, cables etc. And still much cheaper than devices that might be seen as its competitors.

I’m sure you must have one of your mother’s sayings to cover this - away and bile yer heid springs to mind 😂
But I do not want that 😉

Ok :) I‘ve just always read what has been said as the Pro+ having an improved DAC and analogue circuitry, nothing more. Ok it also has more space around the coax socket and is gloss black, but those are relatively minor if not cosmetic changes. I think we’ll have to wait for the other two(?) models that have been talked about for later in the year to see if they have taken on board other suggestions. Cheers
Welcome your thoughts and glad that there would be other models later this year.

So, I'm not going to change from PRO to PRO + now and wait for some more time for a better improvements apart from the DAC

(without extending and will not return to it
if at 220 dollars I found it really well placed, the comfort of "all in one" (which can also prove to be a disadvantage if there is a problem with reliability) etc.
the reflection can do this with a "pro" and well-known affordable dacs .....
but ... well each one "see noon at his door" but remains of course a nice alternative)

I wonder about something else...
will it be possible in the future for wiim to offer the adjustment of the different filters offered by akm? or is it technically frozen?
(probably this choice of filter quite simply at the origin of this behavior in thd under 1khz etc... to be checked)

TBH I thought it will replace the Pro immediately. And a Mini Plus later this year.
Is that right?!
I can't imagine what the Mini Plus will be. Will there be an additional SIM tray for in-vehicle use🤔

Is that right?!
I can't imagine what the Mini Plus will be. Will there be an additional SIM tray for in-vehicle use🤔
No idea, but I would expect giving the "Mini Plus" similar features as the current Pro while keeping the Mini chassis - chromecast, more RAM, better CPU, improved digital output and power section, etc.

You tend to draw arbitrary conclusions and gloss over …

It is all about mentality and life circumstances of course. It all depends on the perceived relative value which is yet not entirely clear!

Interesting news … Wife possessed by husband’s spirit

I can't resist having my say. ;) My real and only curiosity regarding the next Pro+.
See the first, real impressions and comments of users who have put it to use.
Not philosophical or scientific speculations. Too often I've read that a device that measures well doesn't necessarily sound as good.
Ergo the word to the users. When will there be. ;)
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Are there 7 or 9 angelic choirs?:unsure:

Back