WiiM Pro Plus

Hi Team,

Please disregard that email. Our sales team does not have access to our certification status. The duration will not be as long, given that WiiM Pro and WiiM Pro Plus share the same code base. Roon will conduct a swift assessment this time. I estimate that the certification process will span a few weeks. The delay is attributed to their recent relocation of labs, which has temporarily hindered their testing capabilities. Thank you!

So many applicants and so little time... Certification wouldn't be exclusive enough if the process was quick and easy.

if really the same thing and the audio card aspect is not really a subject .... it is not possible on the firmware side to lure roon by making him see a pro and not pro more in the meantime?

if really the same thing and the audio card aspect is not really a subject .... it is not possible on the firmware side to lure roon by making him see a pro and not pro more in the meantime?
It would be Eversolo's case. Roon didn't like it at all.

the circumstances are quite special in the case of wiim with just a variation listed just the dac...
suggest to Roon that this possibility of bypass by wiim...may bring roon to react more quickly?

Last edited:
But I bet you've had a little information advantage 😎
Perhaps a tad - I tend to ask these sorts of questions primarily so I can disseminate the info here to help sort out the wheat from the chaff that comes their way. Part of the role of a moderator I’d argue :)
I’ll offer info if I have it - and equally if I don’t, I’ll say that too :)

Perhaps a tad - I tend to ask these sorts of questions primarily so I can disseminate the info here to help sort out the wheat from the chaff that comes their way. Part of the role of a moderator I’d argue :)
I’ll offer info if I have it - and equally if I don’t, I’ll say that too :)
All is fine..I was only a little bit sceptic because the answer from WiiM was exactly the predicted one...and this weird +
Ok, sceptic may be a wrong word. I am sure you know what I mean.
Keep your excellent work running!

All is fine..I was only a little bit sceptic because the answer from WiiM was exactly the predicted one...and this weird +
Ok, sceptic may be a wrong word. I am sure you know what I mean.
Keep your excellent work running!
I try - people can find me very trying 🤣 🤣

Not surprising is it? A subterfuge like that to claim a different model is Roon Ready when it’s not been certified by Roon endangers not just the previous model’s certification but the ongoing relationship with Roon. It would be a very foolish and short-sighted move to take.

Not surprising is it? A subterfuge like that to claim a different model is Roon Ready when it’s not been certified by Roon endangers not just the previous model’s certification but the ongoing relationship with Roon. It would be a very foolish and short-sighted move to take.
Roon statement about it was very clear. And the risk of the ban for all involved devices was probably high. Eversolo was on the edge I guess.

Roon statement about it was very clear. And the risk of the ban for all involved devices was probably high. Eversolo was on the edge I guess.
Just read a few posts on the Roon forum and elsewhere - the Roon founder didn’t pull any punches about Eversolo’s “nefarious“ actions and the sanctions they were close to taking.
WiiM are taking the right approach in not fudging firmware to pretend the Pro Plus is Roon Ready and are taking the correct approach in going thru the formal Roon process, even if it’ll take however long it takes…

wiim support announced here even that akm filters will be available-accessible...the choice now appears among pro+"2" testers??

For those of you who may have noticed that the Pro Plus listing has gone from Amazon USA, WiiM have confirmed that “we have more inventory coming in for the Amazon US listing. Because the stock is in transport and not readily available to order, Amazon pulled the direct listing for WiiM Pro Plus down. As soon as the stock is in route and they've counted the stock, they'll allow for pre-order and give an estimated ship date. We do have shipment arriving to our UK/EU listings so it should be available for pre-order, hopefully, this week. ”

There is indeed a listing on Amazon UK (at £209) marked at “temporarily out of stock”.

Back