Wiim Pro vs Plus subjective impressions - Sound Quality?

so they did not check for Emi and interference or the measuring device is insufficient ? For primare streamer I have not seen any measurements anywhere. But ok it is possible that the primare will sound better let’s be real
Everything's possible here, but what I say is that they do not pay attention to details or they use rather inferior equipment. That's why I'm skeptical.

I remember that before I set the coax output resolution to max it sounded like crap on my pro. Like coarse sand paper. Maybe they didn't go into the settings to change that.

I liked the dac of pro plus . I should have listened first to the dac . Now I have ordered a coax cable but I would probably want to buy rcas.

@onlyoneme have you by any chance measured the supplied rca cables of Wiim pro plus ?

Last edited:
Hello to all Wiim users. Thanks to a certain company in Poland, I had the opportunity to listen to Wiim Pro until I received my Wiim Pro +. After a month of listening to about 2 hours of music every day, checking the settings, saving everything so as not to lose anything in the phone in the home application, it was time!! I received my plus one. I do not have the qualifications of an audiophile or even an audio expert and I am only a lover of the pure sound of music of every genre and style, but what sounded after connecting the box shocked me completely, because the wiim pro played with a stage several meters wide and a resolution extending beyond the speakers, full of high tones as pure as it's only possible, the bass and mids were so clear that sometimes tears flowed from the joy of the beauty of the song. Well, I read people's comments about the quality of the pro plus, what it doesn't have and what it is like ah and ohh but unfortunately if it's only my opinion then it is There is no THIS. It plays poorly and is not worth $1. I'm going back to WIIM Pro! Greetings, audiophiles

Hello to all Wiim users. Thanks to a certain company in Poland, I had the opportunity to listen to Wiim Pro until I received my Wiim Pro +. After a month of listening to about 2 hours of music every day, checking the settings, saving everything so as not to lose anything in the phone in the home application, it was time!! I received my plus one. I do not have the qualifications of an audiophile or even an audio expert and I am only a lover of the pure sound of music of every genre and style, but what sounded after connecting the box shocked me completely, because the wiim pro played with a stage several meters wide and a resolution extending beyond the speakers, full of high tones as pure as it's only possible, the bass and mids were so clear that sometimes tears flowed from the joy of the beauty of the song. Well, I read people's comments about the quality of the pro plus, what it doesn't have and what it is like ah and ohh but unfortunately if it's only my opinion then it is There is no THIS. It plays poorly and is not worth $1. I'm going back to WIIM Pro! Greetings, audiophiles
What were you connecting the Pro and Pro Plus to and how?

With the Wii, RCA cables were attached to the Rotel Rc-972 and then to 2 x RB971, just like the predecessor, only the RCA cables in the Pro were of lower quality. I didn't change anything, just p&play. I'm disappointed and my only hope is to warm it up for a while.

So you can hear differences and you prefer the device with higher noise and distortions. Well, why not.

So you were using the analogue output from the Pro and the same from the Pro Plus into your Rotel gear? If you’re saying you therefore prefer the DAC in the Pro over the DAC in the Pro Plus, then fair enough - they’re your ears and your preference - but I find the criticism of the latter overly harsh

If "these distortions" sound better in PRO and the opinion is impartial from several of my non-audiophile colleagues, then they are better than the blanket on the speakers with PRO+ connected. Regards

Just my "two cent"...
I have a mini and at the beginning it was hooked to a cheap SMSL 100 dac. It was absolutely satisfying and well working. Then got a new SMSL DO100 that showed stunning measures compared to the old one, so I expected don't know what a stratosferic improvement. The first song played with new setup, sounded inversely proportional to expectations, surely different but somewhat harsh...
Why i done this? Why I spent money to this? Then I took a breath and started to listen other things and discovered that was the first song to be bad recorded, with old gear all listening were leveled to the low tier, with new dac I discovered more variations in quality and some recordings worse than others.
What I mean, generally speaking, is not to stop to first impression and try to overcome biases... 😎

Yes, it's true, the difference between expectations and the resulting sound is as you wrote, but there are a few sounds that you are waiting for after a while of introduction and... it is not what it should be. This is a subjective opinion only from my ear, but it is difficult to add a flatter source to a flat Rotel and get the wow effect. I compare Pro+ and Pro with rcd971 and popcorn c200 and Pro+ is pale in comparison.

No substitute for listening over measured response. It’s your ears, you decide what sounds best in your space. There is too much emphasis placed on measurements on certain circles and that all DACs sound the same, they just don’t. I enjoyed listening to my DragonFly Black over many other other combos using supposed SoTA measured performing DACs , the DFB like all the Audioquest DACs got panned by such measurements.

Yes, it's true, the difference between expectations and the resulting sound is as you wrote, but there are a few sounds that you are waiting for after a while of introduction and... it is not what it should be. This is a subjective opinion only from my ear, but it is difficult to add a flatter source to a flat Rotel and get the wow effect. I compare Pro+ and Pro with rcd971 and popcorn c200 and Pro+ is pale in comparison.
jarox, thank you very much for the information. it is what I suspected all the way - IMHO few companies know how to implement AKM correctry they just think that addting advanced chip will get things better, even respected company like FiiO do the same mistake. as I wrote before only good implementation of AKM chip I heard is Centrance. I do not know the reason companies have problem witn AKM implementation but obviously TI (like TI PCM 5121) chips just have some traditional sets already developed or are just easier to implement.

Back