WiiM Ultra launch price

At what price would the WiiM Ultra be a compelling choice without sacrificing value?

• US $349, EUR 379, GBP 349

• US $399, EUR 429, GBP 399

• US $449, EUR 479, GBP 449

• Other - please specify price with currency in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since everyone's needs regarding a screen are not the same (needed/not needed, large/small, etc), I'm not sure what you are arguing about. Your particular use/need case may differ from that of others, or for that matter what WiiM perceives to be the most popular among a broad range of buyers.
If it is 3.5 inches, that is for desktop use.
If you are 10 feet away, small screen is just of no use.
Do I make sense now?

If it is 3.5 inches, that is for desktop use.
If you are 10 feet away, small screen is just of no use.
Do I make sense now?
If the font size is large, you should be able to see the volume, input source, etc. from a distance of 10 feet. However, I may need to get new glasses.👀

Edit ;
It would be nice if there was a function that allows the user to customize the contents of the display. 😊

If the font size is large, you should be able to see the volume, input source, etc. from a distance of 10 feet. However, I may need to get new glasses.👀

Edit ;
It would be nice if there was a function that allows the user to customize the contents of the display. 😊
Indeed as I’ve said several times in this thread - my Linn amp has a small text only screen for scrolling thru inputs (where it increases the font size on the current selection) , track info, volume etc and it’s perfectly readable from my listening position 2-3m away.

Indeed as I’ve said several times in this thread - my Linn amp has a small text only screen for scrolling thru inputs (where it increases the font size on the current selection) , track info, volume etc and it’s perfectly readable from my listening position 2-3m away.

Yes, I think that's close to what I'd look for in an Ultra display. I hope the WiiM team thinks the same way we do. 😊

If you want to watch Now playing on a bigger screen, you can simply place an inexpensive tablet next to the WiiM. In fact, I have an old tablet that displays it all the time as a stand-alone clock and periodically auto-charges it with a smart plug. When I play music, I can also control the playback by displaying Now Playing on that screen.

I think this is a more reasonable way than buying an expensive streamer with a large screen.

IMG_20240509_155002.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I think that's close to what I'd look for in an Ultra display. I hope the WiiM team thinks the same way we do. 😊

If you want to watch Now playing on a bigger screen, you can simply place an inexpensive tablet next to the WiiM. In fact, I have an old tablet that displays it all the time as a stand-alone clock and periodically auto-charges it with a smart plug. When I play music, I can also control the playback by displaying Now Playing on that screen.

I think this is a more reasonable way than buying an expensive streamer with a large screen.

View attachment 7030
it is also a point of fragility, and obsolescence (and in certain cases of disturbance, it is good to be able to turn it off)....
(and basically, power supplies can be a point of fragility, common, the fact of having external power supply can be apart from audiophile tweak etc. an advantage on the durability side...
surprising isn’t it? :) )

your proposal of course offers a lot of comfort but is also more durable... ;-)

In Munich, Fender will have to come and see the other novelty of the genre (responses to the success of the Eversolo) the much awaited Shanling SM1.3.. (on a price bracket that is certainly more expensive)
if he reads us...
,-)

External sources have mentioned the expected retail price, if this is still of I retest in a thread about the price ...

It's gonna be a balanced, but asymmetric price. :)

Could anyone explain to me why the prices are

US $349, EUR 379, GBP 349​

when current exchange rates would give

US 349, EU 324, GB 279

What's the reason for someone in EU paying 55 euros more or in UK paying £70 more than US?

Sorry this was a typo. We'll be closing this thread since we've launch the price of the Ultra. $329 is the US price. We'll share the EUR/GBP prices later that will include VAT.

US 349, EU 324, GB 279

What's the reason for someone in EU paying 55 euros more or in UK paying £70 more than US?S

US 349, EU 324, GB 279

What's the reason for someone in EU paying 55 euros more or in UK paying £70 more than US?
It’s never as simple as just applying exchange rates because of other factors likes sales tax/VAT, import duties etc. Quite often you find it’s the same number in GBP as it is in USD - look at Amazon Echo devices for example, and some previous WiiM models.

Edit: also I believe USA prices are often quoted nett due to state variations in sales taxes, while in the UK (and perhaps the EU) prices must include VAT by law.

We'll be closing this thread since we've launch the price of the Ultra.

Good idea as we’re being asked the same questions in several threads. Might even close the Ultra thread as it’s largely historic now and the discussion can continue in the new announcement thread, and any particular new threads can start afresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back