Wiim Ultra, my best DLNA streamer

In my CD collection (as in many others, I'm sure) there are a lot of CDs that are not available on the platforms. Of course, I mainly use Tidal... but I still can't go past some CDs when I go shopping. So I guess we are also supporting the musicians a little :cool:

All CDs are CDA format.
You are right! Thanks. Compared again, the unplayable CD has the mark “CD mit Trackpunkten“. What make the difference to the WiiM Ultra?
On/off several times the Ultra/App/Player, it works for both kind of CDs.

Last edited:
What's really neat with the LMS CD-play plugin is that the cd tracks can be added to a queued playlist & can be edited, reordered, etc. Difficult to achieve, if at all, using a cd remote 😁

Screenshot_20240909-160501.jpg

What's really neat with the LMS CD-play plugin is that the cd tracks can be added to a queued playlist & can be edited, reordered, etc. Difficult to achieve, if at all, using a cd remote 😁

View attachment 11472
Why not just play flac files if you don't want to play a CD as the ancient ones did. Seems a parlor trick of limited utility to me but hey that's great.

Why not just play flac files if you don't want to play a CD as the ancient ones did. Seems a parlor trick of limited utility to me but hey that's great.
Can't be bothered with all that ripping and storage 😁. Sometimes the ritual of opening the case, placing disc in the player is quite therapeutically slow, instead of zipping through lots of files 😊. There's something about the permanence of a physical object which is quite pleasing.

Can't be bothered with all that ripping and storage 😁. Sometimes the ritual of opening the case, placing disc in the player is quite therapeutically slow, instead of zipping through lots of files 😊. There's something about the permanence of a physical object which is quite pleasing.
Sure. I have 2 CD players. But when I play a physical CD I play a physical CD. Not files. When I do that I don't need phone or computer. Old school.

Back