Wiim Ultra, my best DLNA streamer

Unclear what your mean, but the CD and USB of Sony BDP-S6700 are accessible by WiiM ULTRA via Home media sharing menu. The WiiM ultra can then stream the madia files on the CD and USB, of couse the Sony BDP-S6700 must be already started up.
Thank you for your answer. I allow myself to explain and extend:

I was referring to the DLNA structural logic:
- a DLNA environment is defined by roles/functionalities: Renderer, Controller and Server. The device classes in short (DM = Digital Media) : DMR, DMC, DMS
- Some functions can be executed in the same device, but often DLNA software limits functionality, which means your device could be DMR (renderer /player) but not DMS (library/server) as defined by software restrictions (... just lacking the server side part).
- Your specific Sony S6700 DLNA system seems to point to the WIIM ULTRA as DMR/DMC renderer / controller (could perhaps be controlled also by BubbleUPNP on your phone) and the S6700 as a DMS (DLNA server /source/library). Afaik, WIIM software architecture stills tempers with DLNA cast for Beta trials.
- As defined by Sony in the original manual, the S6700 could also be used as DNR/DMC device. DMS functionality is not noted. Could be that it was added per firmware update.
- Which means as per definition its DNLA software now exercises all DLNA device classes. That is quite untypical for a digital player at this price point. And very seldomly advertised as key feature because simply not many people care about DLNA functionalities.

I was wondering if the "slow operating system" was referring to the device in general - or just to the DLNA software (functionality over the network)?

Does Sony DLNA implementation allow "bitperfect streaming" ?

If you have read all that, pls be so gentle and give us your impression about the noise level of the drive. ;-)
Thanks in advance , Tom

Explainer: I have searched the net extensivly to get this information/responses to my questions, and I have written this response with many keywords in order to get this inedexed by search engines, purely to help people finding the answers they are looking for much easier ...
#sony #S6700 #DLNA #DMS #DMR #DMC #bitperfect #Server #library #streaming #renderer #WIIMULTRA #Ultra #UNPN #cd #sacd

Back