wiim ultra pre mode and noise

jcleeslash

I'm currently using an integrated amplifier that can select either a power amp or a pre-amp, connected to my Wiim Ultra via RCA cables. In order to use the Wiim Ultra's amp and trigger functions, I set the amp to power amp only, use the Wiim Ultra as a pre-amp, and only adjust the Wiim Ultra's volume. However, when I adjust the volume, both the Wiim remote and the Wiim Home app make noise. I've tried several solutions, including replacing the cable, reconnecting the power to a different source, reconnecting the ground, and removing the trigger cable, but none of these have fixed the issue. The noise is very annoying when I raise or lower the volume, or select a song. Of course, this issue does not occur when using the Wiim Ultra as a source device and the amp as a pre-amp. I hope the Wiim developers will fix this issue soon.

Last edited:
However, when I adjust the volume, both the Wiim remote and the Wiim Home app make noise.
Can you describe the noise in more detail? This is rather unusual.

Volume control on the Ultra should be perfectly silent. It certainly is with my Ultra.

Can you describe the noise in more detail? This is rather unusual.

Volume control on the Ultra should be perfectly silent. It certainly is with my Ultra.
Whenever I press the volume buttons on my Wiim Ultra remote, press the buttons to select a song, or do the same thing in the Wiim Home app, I hear a noise. I'm not very good at describing the sound, but it sounds like an electrical noise. "Bizz! Bizz!" This noise happens with all audio sources, but it's especially loud with audio sources that have a lot of low and midrange, like Billie Eilish songs (bad boy, xxany) or bass-heavy jazz.

Last edited:
Back