WiiM ULTRA to not turn on automatically

Giro413

I have my WiiM ULTRA connected to my Sony Bravia TV using HDMI Arc. I want to use the WiiM ULTRA for tv sound only when watching movies and such. However it turns on every time I turn on the tv. Also switches from line in or WiFi when tv turns on. How do I disable the automatic turning on of the WiiM every time I operate the tv? I should say that I have disabled HDMI-CEC power control and HDMI auto sensing in the WiiM app. Am using an Apple TV to operate tv. WiiM ULTRA is hooked up to two Fosi V3 Monos.

Had the same issue, and it’s quite annoying. But I found a small workaround where I switched my TV’s sound output back to TV Speaker. Then if I want to output the sound to my setup with the Ultra, I go back and adjust the TV sound output to HDMI ARC.

This helped in preventing the Ultra in waking up every time you clicked a button on your TV remote.

I have yet to find the setting on my Sony Bravia KDL40W that makes the sound not automatically switch to “Audio System” upon each start up.
At the moment my two Fosi V3 Monos keep switching on and off when in Auto (which is an issue in itself). Because of that I only want to turn on my ULTRA when I watch movies or listen to music, as I have to get up and switch on the power amps each time.

I am having a similar issue with my Samsung Q7 TV. When I turn the TV on, it automatically switches to HDMI sound output if the Ultra is powered. Only ways to stop it are to leave the Ultra powered down when not in use (my current solution) or disable the CEC Anynet functionality in the TV (which affects how it works with other devices like my Manhattan freeview recorder).

It would be far more convenient to leave my Ultra powered so it would be good if there were a possible solution to this. The optical input to the Ultra is already in use for a CD player so that is not an option and the TV has no analogue output (not even wired headphones)

I am having a similar issue with my Samsung Q7 TV. When I turn the TV on, it automatically switches to HDMI sound output if the Ultra is powered. Only ways to stop it are to leave the Ultra powered down when not in use (my current solution) or disable the CEC Anynet functionality in the TV (which affects how it works with other devices like my Manhattan freeview recorder).

It would be far more convenient to leave my Ultra powered so it would be good if there were a possible solution to this. The optical input to the Ultra is already in use for a CD player so that is not an option and the TV has no analogue output (not even wired headphones)
I hadn't thought of the possibility of using an optical cable instead of HDMI. That might be a solution for me. Thanks.

It seems that setting the gain of my Fosi V3 Monos to 25db instead of 31 makes them not turn on at random as they did before. At least they no longer do after having switched the gain settings on them. Still hooked up to my WiiM ULTRA.

Back