WiiM Ultra

The real question is why you'd want to lower the volume.

If your power amp/powered speaker has a high input sensitivity (low input voltage for full power), then you should lower the Ultra's output voltage accordingly.

I have sensitive speakers, and I'm using V3 monos from Fossi to power them. I have also an external DAC / headphone amp - Topping DX7 Pro. Maybe it's just my imagination, but the sound that goes through the Topping to the speakers is better than when using internal Wiim Ultra DAC.

When using external DAC, to listen quite, I have to set limit to 60% and use around 30% volume.

When using just Wiim Ultra, I know I can change the Ultra's output voltage. This is why I asked question nr 2. Does changing output voltage is better than turning volume down from sound quality perspective? :)

Hi to all
I've seen some screenshots of the Ultra screen where you can see the play queue.
WIIM ULTRA SCREEN.jpg
I can't find how to display it though. I only see two different ways of the album cover ( only cover or cover with data), or the Meter.
How do I display the play queue? 🤔
Thanks for an explanation

Hi to all
I've seen some screenshots of the Ultra screen where you can see the play queue.
View attachment 10694
I can't find how to display it though. I only see two different ways of the album cover ( only cover or cover with data), or the Meter.
How do I display the play queue? 🤔
Thanks for an explanation
It'll depend on what / how you are playing, but swipe left...

Edit...
And yet, I've just done that myself and can no longer see it!!!
It's all changed... swiping right now shows the VU meter, whereas it used to show full size album art.
What have they done :eek:

I always thought the queue on the screen was fairly pointless though.
iirc, 3 items shown, not ordered in actual playback order if shuffle enabled, lots and lots of scrolling needed, and it didn't stay on that screen for more than 15 secs anyway.

Hi @Mr Ee
Thx for your reply. Now i know bwcause i can't see it. Because doesn't exist. 😂 😂 😂
Anyway, if it worked as you said, it seems to me that it was completely useless.;)

Improvement suggestion:

When switching source on the remote, the source shouldn't be switched right away after every click. User should be able to click fast and freely, and only when user stops for 3 secs, the source should be changed.

Feature request: phantom center channel option when using ARC input.
Are you not able to set up the l/r pair symmetrically or are you taking about a dsp processed center for multiple seating?

Are you not able to set up the l/r pair symmetrically or are you taking about a dsp processed center for multiple seating?
I’m talking about extracting the dialog channel. The Sonos amp does this.

Feature request: phantom center channel option when using ARC input.

Still trying to figure out how this works, with 5.1 or DTS input, what happens? does the Wiim decode it to 2.0? confusing. Maybe if the TV is set to PCM doesn't matter.

Back