Wiim with TV without external speakers

niko

Can you use Wiim Pro or Wiim Mini with a TV without any external speakers if you already have a Wiim Pro set up to your reciever and speakers?

I have a receiver with 5 speakers currently using a Wiim Pro. My TV is too far away from my receiver to connect those speakers directly and wonder if I can use a Wiim to hear my TV through my reciever.

Really don’t care about audio quality just want to watch tv and listen on my surround sound speakers.

I was thinking I could use a Wiim and then group together with current Wiim attached to receiver.

lastly, i have no clue about audio stuff so a really dumbed down response would be nice excellent.

Last edited:
Technically this should work. It will only be in stereo (WiiM Pro / Plus do not decode any multichannel formats.)

However: It’s not going to be about audio quality but about sound and image synchronization. I expect there will be a noticeable delay when you send the TV sound from the input on the WiiM Pro to another WiiM.

It would bug me, anyway.

You may be able to connect the TV to your current WiiM, or direct to the amp, over Bluetooth. What model TV do you have?

Technically this should work. It will only be in stereo (WiiM Pro / Plus do not decode any multichannel formats.)

However: It’s not going to be about audio quality but about sound and image synchronization. I expect there will be a noticeable delay when you send the TV sound from the input on the WiiM Pro to another WiiM.

It would bug me, anyway.
i agree with this. i don't think you'd be able to tolerate the delay in the audio stream when consuming most video content in this manner. if you just want to stream audio then it should work ok... haven't tested this specific setup tho.

Back