Will there ever be a streamer with a screen and not reliant on phones for operating?

R

Roaming

I wish for a streamer with a screen that doesn't rely in phones for operating/playing music. (I don't mind needing a tablet or something for initial set up). I'm thinking of my old Logitech Squeezebox Touch. A streamer with a screen that runs on WiFi or Ethernet and connections for TOSLINK, Coax, RCA. I still have my Squeezebox, but it no longer connects to Spotify or many other service providers.
I saw the Ultra this past weekend, but it is a preamp with stream ability and not compatible with system integration in my case. I have a preamp already and in no need for another.
Something tells me this is an animal I will never see.

I wish for a streamer with a screen that doesn't rely in phones for operating/playing music. (I don't mind needing a tablet or something for initial set up). I'm thinking of my old Logitech Squeezebox Touch. A streamer with a screen that runs on WiFi or Ethernet and connections for TOSLINK, Coax, RCA. I still have my Squeezebox, but it no longer connects to Spotify or many other service providers.
I saw the Ultra this past weekend, but it is a preamp with stream ability and not compatible with system integration in my case. I have a preamp already and in no need for another.
Such streamers are likely to be very expensive. And what if the big display or other component breaks?

I use a combination of a WiiM and a tablet, as I wrote about here.

The tablet always has a USB cable connected to it and can be automatically recharged periodically using a smart plug.
In my opinion, it is more economical and convenient to use an inexpensive tablet. 😄

Such streamers are likely to be very expensive. And what if the big display or other component breaks?

I use a combination of a WiiM and a tablet, as I wrote about here.

The tablet always has a USB cable connected to it and can be automatically recharged periodically using a smart plug.
In my opinion, it is more economical and convenient to use an inexpensive tablet. 😄
The Logitech Squeezebox Touch was not that expensive (around $200) it has a 4 inch screen, which is big enough, at least to me.
The problem I have is that smart plugs don't charge things unless the item to be charged is plugged in. Smart plugs just turn on and off by voice control. Also, I do not have a convenient in the room with my system. The system itself takes the plug on one side and the lamp and everything else takes the plug on the other side and that is with outlet extenders and power conditioners. In my particular case I would have to charge in a different room and would have to do so rather often, too often.

Volumio just released their Motivo streamer at Munich High End... obviously the price is in another league too! 😅
1718074879899.png

i personally have no use for yet another screen - not even on like the WiiM ultra. 🤷‍♂️ i'm happy using my phones and tablets that i already had lying around... i would prefer something along the lines of the new marantz streamer - but just in WiiM form of course 🤭

The Logitech Squeezebox Touch was not that expensive (around $200) it has a 4 inch screen, which is big enough, at least to me.
The problem I have is that smart plugs don't charge things unless the item to be charged is plugged in. Smart plugs just turn on and off by voice control. Also, I do not have a convenient in the room with my system. The system itself takes the plug on one side and the lamp and everything else takes the plug on the other side and that is with outlet extenders and power conditioners. In my particular case I would have to charge in a different room and would have to do so rather often, too often.
Smart plugs can be turned on and off at specified times. Voice control is not required. Also, if you have a $200 budget you could probably afford a tablet.

But if you are not looking for that, then there is nothing more I can say.

Probably got this wrong but can’t you use the Eversolo streamers without a phone/tablet?

If your SBT is still working just install LMS somewhere and the Spotty app and you'll get Spotify back (with solely a screen controlling it).

Smart plugs can be turned on and off at specified times. Voice control is not required. Also, if you have a $200 budget you could probably afford a tablet.

But if you are not looking for that, then there is nothing more I can say.
What purpose would be scheduling a smart plug for if I have to plug in the chargeable device in the first place and with some frequency? I don't think smart plugs charge by remote. I'm not talking about using a tablet or phone all day to stream and then plugging it in overnight, no device lasts that long in use. On average I get about 1.5 hours at best using my tablet or phone in such a manner before having to recharge it. In standby mode of course, it can go all day and then plugged in overnight or something.

Your reading skills are lacking I think. First of all I said that I do have a tablet. Second, I never said $200 was my budget. I was answering the statement that what I was wishing for would be rather expensive because of the screen. I merely gave an example of what the Logitech Squeezebox cost me some years ago, new is all. I did not say I have a $200 budget.
This is why I do not frequent forums, too many people in the US can't read and do not understand their own language. Granted, I speak a different English than many do today, so I am not making any personal faults against anyone, I use full words and complete sentences, most people today in the US do not and I struggle to understand them from time to time as well.

If your SBT is still working just install LMS somewhere and the Spotty app and you'll get Spotify back (with solely a screen controlling it).
Ah, I just learned what LMS is, Logitech Media Server. (As I pointed out above, I speak a different English than most now days). So where would I install such a thing, my PC? The cable company Router? The Squeezebox?

Ah, I just learned what LMS is, Logitech Media Server. (As I pointed out above, I speak a different English than most now days). So where would I install such a thing, my PC? The cable company Router? The Squeezebox?
Try it on your PC first and if you find it acceptable throw caution to the wind and take a look at how easy it is to use a Raspberry Pi as a server.

This is why I do not frequent forums, too many people in the US can't read and do not understand their own language.

I've been trying to help you in the other topic where you posted the same question. But if you are going to insult people instead of thanking them for trying to help, I'm done with you. Anyway, at this point, it feels like you are inventing excuses for why you can't use any streamer on the market. Smart plugs?!? lol

I've been trying to help you in the other topic where you posted the same question. But if you are going to insult people instead of thanking them for trying to help, I'm done with you. Anyway, at this point, it feels like you are inventing excuses for why you can't use any streamer on the market. Smart plugs?!? lol
Nice try at gaslighting. You are the one who started the insults.
Topic has been resolved anyway now.

Gaslighting? What on earth are you talking about? I made like five posts explaining to you how you could use the Wiim Ultra. I spent a fair amount of time crafting my words to be understandable to a non-technical person. And you come back insulting all Americans on this forum? OK, you do you, but you are not a good person.

Gaslighting? What on earth are you talking about? I made like five posts explaining to you how you could use the Wiim Ultra. I spent a fair amount of time crafting my words to be understandable to a non-technical person. And you come back insulting all Americans on this forum? OK, you do you, but you are not a good person.
The Guy he was replying to when he made those insults wasn't even American 🤔

Back